Is it normal for guys to visit strip clubs?

So I just turned 18 and my friend joked that I can visit strip clubs now, but I was wondering, is it something that most guys do? I mean, is it socially acceptable?

Would the average guy go regularly, rarely, every once in a while... never?

Is it mostly for special occasions like bachelor parties?

What's normal?

I realize that it might be different for each person, and none of this is to say that I intend to go any time soon; I just feel so in the dark about it all.

Can somebody break down the whole phenomenon of strip clubbing for me?

And if you're a girl, please don't bother posting that I shouldn't go to strip clubs, or that all guys who visit strip clubs are filthy pigs, etc. I already know how you feel; this is a question for guys.

• Alex E
    Favorite Answer

I cannot see why not. The average girlfriend / wife will not do it for us and if we want to see it done, that is the only avenue for getting your wishes filled.

If your girlfriend does not like you going to the strip club, tell her to pony up to the pole and you won't have to go there.

I just do not understand why women cannot get that through their thick skulls.

I know you didn't want any girls to answer, but as a dancer for many years it's what you make it. Some guys go from time to time, other guys fall in love with strippers in their minds and make it an everyday thing. Once you go, if you ever go, you will know what kind of strip club goer you will be. Just some advice, if you don't want to be seen as a total ***, at least give the girls a dollar or 2 on stage. Not all of them but at least 1. Your boys might tell you it's cool to go to a stripclub for the free show, but contrary to most peoples' beliefs, most of the girls are in school or do have kids to think about. The more you tip, the more attention you will get from the girls'. I have never had a problem with my bf's going to the club, but I guess it's because I basically lived in one for 6 years. Anyways.....good luck on whatever you have, and please don't ever think a girl from the club will make a great wife. She may make a great wife to you, i have many dancer friends that are, but if you meet her in the club, she will always treat you like just another client from the club. If you happen to run into her at the mall or something, and she DOESN'T remeber you from the club, then its fair game. Once again good luck, and HAPPY CLUBBING!!

Yes, I'm female, but I don't necessarily think that all men who go to strip clubs are pigs. My boyfriend, for instance, went several times with his guy friends as a way of just chilling with his friends, and I know several females who go regularly to a male strip club as well.

In general, I find that a lot of my male and female friends go to strip clubs for various reasons--because they want something to do on a weekend, as a way to unwind after a long day, bachelor parties, birthdays, you name it. Again, I don't necessarily think it's something to be embarrassed of, like porn, for instance.

On the OTHER hand, whenever my boyfriend went to the strip club, he always let ME know. Why, you may ask? Because he was trying to be thoughtful of my feelings, since after all, he was my boyfriend and I wouldn't have liked the idea of a stripper touching him or giving him a lapdance. So for all married or otherwise committed guys/ladies out there, make sure you let your partner know beforehand!

I'm definitely not a strip club type, but hey, I guess if that's what floats your boat, go for it. I've heard my friends say it was fun and a great way to destress...

Happy Birthday! Ok, the truth is from a woman's point of view, I think it's almost a rite of passage for some men. I know alot of men do go to them, and I drive by two strip joints almost every day. They seem to have a few cars in them. I think the "classier" places to go are better. (I have never been in one), and my husband isn't into them. I find that odd, but whatever. I don't think going to a strip club is the be all and all of life, and if you go once in a while, so what. You will grow out of it like most men do.

But have fun! Don't forget your ones.

Some guys consider it normal and some would never consider it as a legitimate wholesome activity. Few guys who claim to go actually do go except for special occasions.

Your friend's joke is a fairly standard joke for somebody turning 18

It is not a good habit to get into. Strip clubs can be very expensive forms of entertainment.

If you like girls pretending to think you're hot and have some extra money to throw around, sure, go to a strip club.

Go check it out, see how you like it. Only one way to find out.

• odle

it is not weird and wonderful, a great style of fellows do unlike going to strip golf equipment. i'm considered one of them. i'm a techniques from reserved, yet I basically don't get the comparable point of delight out of going to strip club that another acquaintances of mine get. that's a waste of money in case you question me. You pay to get in, beverages are great costly and you're able to desire to generally purchase a minimum of two beverages, you're able to desire to tip all nighttime, spend lots on lapdances. it truly is basically no longer properly worth it to me as a results of fact i don't get something out of it. i comprehend those women persons do unlike me, they are actually not interested in me, they're basically pretending and appearing to get my money. i could opt to spend my time with a individual who's actually interested in me and get it on with a actual woman who truly needs me, no longer basically in spite of money I even have in my pocket.

• мegan

I've talked to my boyfriend about this & why he goes. I'm personally not too thrilled with him going, but he says he's not going to see naked women or anything, but that he goes to socialize with his friends.

if u want to see *** and pusssy than go. there is nothing special about it. some like it and some dont.