Is it normal for guys to visit strip clubs?

So I just turned 18 and my friend joked that I can visit strip clubs now, but I was wondering, is it something that most guys do? I mean, is it socially acceptable? Would the average guy go regularly, rarely, every once in a while... never? Is it mostly for special occasions like bachelor parties? What's... show more So I just turned 18 and my friend joked that I can visit strip clubs now, but I was wondering, is it something that most guys do? I mean, is it socially acceptable?
Would the average guy go regularly, rarely, every once in a while... never?
Is it mostly for special occasions like bachelor parties?
What's normal?
I realize that it might be different for each person, and none of this is to say that I intend to go any time soon; I just feel so in the dark about it all.
Can somebody break down the whole phenomenon of strip clubbing for me?

And if you're a girl, please don't bother posting that I shouldn't go to strip clubs, or that all guys who visit strip clubs are filthy pigs, etc. I already know how you feel; this is a question for guys.