Are AP(advanced placement) classes a requirement for environmental engineering?

im a sophomore in high school, and im any really worried about my future. im not very smart, and im not in any clubs, or play a lot of sports. I am good at math, but im not taking any honors or AP. I do have a 4.0 gpa, but im not sure if i can get into an environmental engineering school. do i hae chances of getting into a good college?

Favorite Answer

Your chances of getting into a good college are highest when you take (and do well in) the most challenging set of courses offered by your high school. If your high school doesn't offer any APs, not taking them will not count against you.

But it sounds like your school does offer honors and AP. Taking regular-level courses will make it more difficult to get into a good school, especially as admissions to engineering colleges are often quite competitive. With a 4.0 in regular level classes, you will not have a problem getting admitted to college - but a good engineering program might be tough.

I would really recommend trying an AP or an honors class. Clearly you're doing well in regular classes, so pick one or two at a higher level and give it a shot. Try Environmental Science (generally easiest of the science APs) or an advanced/honors math class. It would also be a good idea to get involved in some extracurricular activities, even if it's not through the school. Colleges like to see well-rounded students, and a 4.0 with no volunteer work, sports, whatever is not really a good thing.

its not to late to get involved! join an academic club, get a lot of community service hours, and sign up for honors and AP next year. you can also join things besides clubs and sports. idk about your school, but at mine we have a news paper, yearbook, plays, t.v. station thing, and honor society. find something that you enjoy and start next year. also keep in mind that its better to get a lower grade in an honors or AP class that to get a really high grade in an average class.

and why are you saying that your not smart?? you have a 4.0!

good luck :)

back while i became in college, I wrote a paper entitled "Is Mankind Inherently Evil?" which spawned from a communicate I had in an English classification (the professor became an Abbott at a Catholic church). I had 2 factors taken off using fact I forgot to capitalize the word "Bible." in any different case, it became nonetheless an "A" as have been ALL my papers (sorry, had to gloat a splash b/c i became an English significant yet am nonetheless engaged on that bestseller).