JT asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

How many people wear glasses?

In the U.S.

Favorite Answer

According to the Vision Council of America, approximately 75% of adults use some sort of vision correction. About 64% of them wear eyeglasses, and about 11% wear contact lenses, either exclusively, or with glasses. Over half of all women and about 42% of men wear glasses. Similarly, more women than men, 18% and 14% respectively, wear contacts. Of those who use both contacts and eyeglasses, 62% wear contact lenses more often.

In my age group (I'm 15), probably about a third wear glasses. Roughly 50% for short-sightedness and 50% for long-sightedness. In my category (short-sightedness) about half started wearing glasses at primary school and the other half when they got to high school. Not many of the girls wear contacts (mainly glasses like me) but most of the boys seem to. Those with long-sightedness usually wear glasses rather than contacts. My present precription is RE -5.75 & LE -6.00 .Alicia.

• lo

75%