1991 jeep charakee stalls even going 40 mph starts rright back up but dos it 1 or 2 times on a good drive?

Favorite Answer

If you've not used something like STP or Lucas fuel treatment on it in awhile or changed the gas filter I'd want to do those things first off.In fact if you've not treated the fuel system or you've run the jeep with a low amount of fuel quite a lot or it's the original gas tank I'd want to change the gas filter twice once right now then after treating the fuel system with Lucas etc and you've used up a few tanks of fuel change the fuel filter again.

I'd recommend checking the air filter , replacing or cleaning the spark-plugs and wires and cleaning the connectors where the spark-plug wires connect to and check the PCV valve , plus check all the vac lines and vac hoses etc.

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way bad or weak or loose or corroded or rusty connections within the battery, starter, power junctions, alternator, engine block ground posts or any grounds can cause all kinds of different types of problems and I'd strongly recommend that you go through them one by one and clean them with a wire brush, sandpaper , a file, clean the wire o-ring connectors and check the main battery etc wires for internal rust and corrosion especially bec of that vehicles age.

you should check your filter first,you can all ways get bad Fuel from a fill-up.this is the cheep fix.

if that isnt it you may have something in your fuel tank that gets sucked down to your fuel vacume line at the bottom of your tank,when it stalls the obstruction moves,this can happen many times over an extended drive.this is the expencive one.

Source(s): ford service center
  • arzate

those are all large i admire "pay attention for the fool in the back of me" Of your record, Boldly Going Nowhere. is incredible. and He Who Hesitates isn't purely lost, yet Miles From the subsequent go out. the main.