Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are the claims of racism from the Tea Party just lies?

Considering liberals have staged these things in the past

1. A Democrat and “transgendered activist” has been arrested for allegedly breaking the windows of the Colorado Democratic Party headquarters in Denver, Colorado, an attack that was originally blamed on Republican “hate” against Democrats.

24-year-old Maurice Schwenkler, known in Leftist circles as “Ariel Attack,” took a hammer to the Democrat HQ windows during the early Wednesday morning hours, causing US $11,000 in damage. Schwenkler and a still-at-large accomplice also targeted posters promoting health care reform and Barack Obama.

2. A firefighter who reported finding a knotted rope and a threatening note with a drawing of a noose in an East Baltimore station house last month had placed the items there himself, city officials said yesterday.

The man was suspended last week for performance-related issues and will likely face additional punishment, fire officials said. Sterling Clifford, a spokesman for the Police Department and for Mayor Sheila Dixon, said the man admitted to the hoax and will not face criminal charges.

Officials identified the firefighter who they say acknowledged writing the note as Donald Maynard, a firefighter-paramedic apprentice who is black. Maynard could not be reached for comment.

3. A homosexual teenager has been exposed for perpetrating a fake hate campaign…against herself!

The teen, who heads the school’s Gay-Straight Alliance, admitted to authorities that she was the perpetrator of the incidents, which included vandalizing her own car with derogatory graffiti, police said….Other incidents involved teachers who received threatening telephone messages.

“It has been determined that all the incidents have been committed by a single individual,” Wickham said.

The student was not identified by police….The girl has been suspended and could face expulsion, said Bob Ferguson, district school superintendent.

“She confessed to everything,” Ferguson said. “She did admit to police that it was basically for attention.”

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim A
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Since I have only heard the stories from ABC, CBS, and NBC they have to be lies.

It is just another attempt by the liberal media to smear people.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Psst... not to confuse you but most of those banners were not "racist" as they did not deal with race, but then again I would not expect you to understand this. Another well known fact is most of the posters and banner that depicted racism were removed from Tea Party rallies and denounced by the Tea Party. The one that was racist and claimed to have been photo-shopped, the boy with the sign was removed from all authority from the Tea Party, too bad those on the left would not take the same actions against truly racist and hateful banners and posters at their own rallies. There have been studies about this same topic that showed less than 5% of all rally signs showed anything dealing with race, this included ones that were borderline, and most of those were removed quickly from the rallies. So now when the left posted many of those posters in an attempt to discredit the Tea Party, were they racist? I am guessing in your mind that was fair play. But then again when a democrat carries truly hateful posters, they are merely expressing their "freedom of speech" too bad in their minds this only works for them not others. Then again, the media DID show those signs all over the news, the ones they neglected to show were the same type at the rallies done by the democrats and liberals. Nice try though. No one denies there are racist individuals within the Tea Party, but politically and as a major part of the whole, the Tea Party is NOT racist, now this is considering there are many people of color who are part of the Tea Party.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This says nothing about the Tea Party. And a few isolated incidents (unsubstantiated) don't show anything. Even if all these stories are true, they neither prove nor disprove racism among Tea Baggers.

To judge if an organization is racist or not, look at its leaders. What have they done or said that demonstrates they are racists or non-racists? What other organizations do they belong to? What speakers do they invite to events? Where do they get their funds?

Also look at the make-up of the leadership. Does it represent a cross-section of people, or does it represent basically one racial group?

Everyone has seen numerous Tea Baggers holding racist signs; I've never heard of leaders denouncing or disowning such signs. On the other hand, at least some Tea Baggers (e.g. Dick Armey) find the racism of Tom Tancredo unacceptable.

http://www.alternet.org/immigration/145972/dick_ar...

Personally, I don't think we can categorize the Tea Party as a racist organization. However, there are certainly many racists who belong to it. The real problem with Tea Baggers is that they are confused, and most of them don't really know what they want.

• 1 decade ago

As of now---we don't know, and I have yet to see solid video evidence to the contrary.

The third example could certainly be of one, however; keep in mind that the Tea Party organizers are concerned with fiscal problems, not social problems.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Sorry but you make no sense. None of these things you talk about have anything to do with the point you're trying to make. The teabaggers are racist because everything they scream about is wrong. That and the Obama\Monkey Obama\headhunter signs are a pretty good indication that there is allot of racism behind the teabaggers rage.

http://www.bluecorncomics.com/2009/09/evidence-for...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/4/15/720180/-Te...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/axel-woolfolk/mexica...

• 1 decade ago

I found this site last year while I was researching white supremacist groups. At the time the Tea Party was new and little was known about it. StormFront is real and it's white pride. The Tea Party itself does not subscribe to white supremacy but it attracts white supremacists who recruit at Tea Party events and rallies.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f...

• 1 decade ago

I hate the tea party. I caught my wife cheating there. I needed two jacks and she threw them away

to her friend so I quit going to those card playing tea parties!!!

• 1 decade ago

You know a skunk can tell you he doesn't stink,

but he still does stink => Republicans

• 1 decade ago

you cons make me laugh... where is your link? and is it reliable?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.