Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 10 years ago

Are illegal immigrants ruining our economy?

If yes, can you please give me the state you live in?

IF YOU DONT WANT TO ANSWER----DONT!

Thank you.

Update:

@david the link doesn't work for me.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

6 Percent of the population that holds for the most part unskilled labor jobs, 2 percent of which don't work because they are too young or too old and don't qualify for welfare except when they have US Citizen children are not ruining our economy. Now you have taken a 12 million person figure and dropped it down to 8 Million. The Gov figures are at 10.8 Million right now and some say 12 or possibly 16 million. The recent Davis study shows they pay 70 Billion in Taxes per year when you add up all of those working with false socials and they will never get that money back. Even with all the services they do use they are still in the positive over 20+ billion dollars per year. TX showed their GSP would drop over 17.7 Billion a year without their illegals.

They pay sales tax, gas tax, food tax, clothes tax and the list goes on. They pay rent or mortgage payments in an estimated 4 Million apartments or homes. If we deport them all what will those landlords do to make up this loss? That would screw the country over more than most realize.

Our Gov understands both the negative and the positive effects they have on the country and ICE is doing just enough to say they are working yet rulings such as the one the US Supreme Court made in 2009 show where we are headed. They ruled that they won't submit criminal charges for using false ID if it is only to work and not to steal. That may not be sending the right message since this may encourage people to continue this type of behavior but hey we need them to do these jobs so we can take advantage of them right? Lower cost for housing, lower hotel bills if the labor to clean the rooms is lower and the list goes on. We complain about them when the economy is bad but when it is good we seem to forget about them.

Don't tell me the 20 Million people out of work are going to start cleaning toilets, picking fruit, cleaning up construction sites and working in fast food joints as soon as we deport these people because it is not going to happen, getting rid of them will not solve our economic problems.

A small percentage of them risk filing and trying to screw uncle Sam for refunds but for the most part they don't. This is where the 9 Billion that goes into non matched Social Security accounts comes from listed on the msnbc report.

They do bring crime and people accuse them of using ER services more than most but many are too scared to use the services so they don't and the recent raids have scared even more of them to lay low. The racists that quote the LA Times article are a joke because that information did not come from LA times and the numbers are all doctored.

Undocumented immigrants fill a need that we have and we keep paying to work so they keep coming in and filling our needs. If Americans did not worry so much about getting the least expensive labor and if we hired our own documented people these people would not keep coming in.

People blame illegal immigrants for ruining California's economy, those people have not done their research but just listen to and read what they want to. It is easy to blame this on them but get real. Sure the gangs and drug dealers are many times either illegal or working with illegals and we have to come down hard on crime. Try to find a new scapegoat because illegal Hispanics are not ruining our economy. Soon they will be running the country if Americans don't start having babies at the same rate. I live in Utah and in an area where we have a population of 69% Hispanics so in my neighborhood you need to speak Spanish. Store advertise in Spanish because they market to their demographics.

Source(s): I look at the positive information and the negative information and then compare it. Footwork for a lawyer.
  • 3 years ago

I believe they are. I wouldn't say ruining it but they are destroying the native population of whites. White Americans and even blacks built this country and now illegals come here and tear it down. The only question is why is this being allowed? I live in South Eastern Pennsylvania. Many Hispanics come here from New York. If you go to Allentown or Reading the places look like 3rd world dumps already because of them. Its disgusting. These vermin really don't deserve to be here. I know a lot of them work hard but they also have poor education and don't want to speak English. The fact is they are trying to replace white people. They are being racist, but whites cant accuse them of this because of white guilt. I'm considering leaving just for my own sanity.

• 4 years ago

Illegals drive down earnings, drive up the cost of housing through increased demand, increase our taxes by using our social services. Plus the culture clash, increased pollution, congested metro areas and gang problems. They do not do jobs that Americans won't do. They do jobs that employers exploit. Low pay, no overtime, long hours, no benefits, no comp if they get hurt and do what they are told without complaining. Employers really need to get cracked down on with HEAVY penalties and even jail time. We already have the laws in our books. We have just been so lax in enforcing them that employers don't even care.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Not ruining the economy but that is because the economy is running with out the input of the people who are displaced in the processes of the illegal aliens taking the jobs at a lower wage rate. But they are harming the people of this country, and the communities of this country, and right and left. I live in Maryland.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

You can make money in binary options only if you treat it as a real form of investing. Learn here https://tr.im/mS1Rl

This means learning how it works, learning how to read charts and learning how you can make accurate predictions. All these are not that difficult but it takes some time. If you treat it as gambling and just make random predictions then you will obviously not win.

• David
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Minnesota. And yes there here illegally! Now look in these examples of what Obamacare will provide for them!

Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally. ** Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts. ** Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN). ** Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their right mind come up with that?) ** Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees. ** Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age. ** Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception. ** Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years. (Death counceling.) ** Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order. HAD ENOUGH???? "Finally, it is specifically stated that this bill will not apply to members of Congress. Members of Congress are already exempt from the Social Security system, and have a well-funded private plan that covers their retirement needs. If they were on our Social Security plan, I believe they would find a very quick 'fix' to make the plan financially sound for their future."

Verify here!

http://docs.house.gov/edlabor/AAHCA-Bill…

• 10 years ago

"positive" is an idiot and his long speal is a joke of a defense against illegals! load of crap!

they have brought nothing but more crime, filth and degradation to our neighborhoods in southern california and now to other neighborhoods across the country. The BAD outweigh the good by a huge margin and we should never applaud people for breaking the law and doing what they are doing.

Our forefathers would shake their heads in disgust to see what has happened to the country they once were a part of.

Source(s): Soon they will be running the country if Americans don't start having babies at the same rate. I live in Utah and in an area where we have a population of 69% Hispanics so in my neighborhood you need to speak Spanish. Store advertise in Spanish because they market to their demographics. (AND THAT"S A REASON WE SHOULD KEEP ILLEGALS?!>!) are you INSANE!
  • 10 years ago

They pay sales tax, gas tax, food tax, clothes tax and the list goes on.Pay Taxes? If social security taxes are withheld, it means they are using someones social security number, and since they don't have one, chances are they are stealing someones identity. Please provide me with your social security number and name. I feel like shopping today!

The money they used to purchase the groceries, cigs and beer is taxpayers money to begin with. I highly doubt many of these illegals ever earned an honest dollar

• 10 years ago

illegals are destroying our government/culture/economy and country. anyone that cannot see that is ignorant, blind or is an illegal themselves.

in 10 years this country may be given over to Mexico-- i wouldn't be surprised. Shame on our government for allowing this to happen (the only country in this world that has allowed this crime!)

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Yes!!!!! I live in Tijuana Norte...better known as SoCal. I work in Ventura county, many times in Oxnard. For those who don't know what Tijuana looks like...pay Oxnard a visit.

• 10 years ago

i live in cali, and i think in many ways immigrants are stimulating the economy but some are lazy with 5 babies on welfare and America just hands them what ever they need. Some just get drunk and work in the fields and chill in alleys lurking on little children. Hey but you know somethin an illegal always has the hook up on resources, auto, fruits, clothing, they sell for cheap and are always willing to make a deal. lol..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.