Jennifer asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How come nobody ever brings up the fact that Obama has lowered taxes for millions of Americans whenever they--?

complain about him? I am not saying I fully support him. In fact, there are a lot of things he has done or, rather, hasn't done which irk me. But, at least I can point out something positive about him. The anti Obama camp does nothing but complain and never once points out anything positive. Why is that?

http://www.webcpa.com/news/Obama-Signs-Bill-Provid...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2654765/p...

What is really amusing about this is a group was formed with huge sponsorship and, arguably, created by Fox News commentators (The Tea Party) that gets its name from a political action against foreign taxation (Boston Tea Party) at a time when that foreign power was the preeminent power in north America. The Boston tea party wasn't even entirely about the actual taxes. It was about taxation without representation. Which we now have. So, starting a group to protest Obama and the heath care plan and naming it after a political action which has no relevance toward a president who has lowered taxes (not raised them) and in a nation which has taxation with representation is ridiculous. But, this seems to be the mentality of the anti Obama crowd. Hate him for stuff he hasn't done and make up stuff to make him sound even worse.

Favorite Answer

Did you really think you were going to see a sign that said thank you Obama for the tax cut?

No one brings this up because once his Obamacare passes, taxes will skyrocket. He has also tripled the National debt. They (Tea Parties) don't point out anything positive because he hasn't DONE anything. They hate him for stuff he WILL do. And if Obamacare passes, and I think it will, middle-class, hard-working Americans that are good people will suffer, because their hard-earned money will be given to some bum that was too lazy to read a book, which is ridiculous. And they're called the Tea Party because the Boston Tea Party was, and still is, a symbol of revolution, revolution that gave us freedom. Freedom that Obama and his minions are trying to confiscate from America to run it the way he wants.

Tax incentives such as this do not result in higher employment.

You have to have sustained higher revenues to be able to pay the new employee, and with Obama (swt) raising other taxes, the companies cannot afford to hire new employees, therefore the "lowered taxes" have no practical effect.

Re "It was about taxation without representation. Which we now have."

You have not been paying attention to the "deemed pass" issue have you.

The tiny extra I may have gotten from his "Tax Break",will more than be made up for soon enough.Everything he does is driving the Country deeper in Debt,I assume you realize this will have to be repaid,right? And he's about to throw Trillions more in a hole as well as letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire.Which raises my taxes for the record,and I'm far from "Rich"

So I see ZERO benefit in anything he has done.His ideas are bad for my family,myself,the country,and our future.And I think anyone that believes he is doing things right,is deluded,period!

RWE

• Obama DID NOT lower my taxes. You can check my forms from 2008 and compare them to 2009 if you desire.

Obama WILL RAISE your taxes if you have children after 2010. You see Bush put in a $1000 per child tax credit a few years ago. If you have children then your taxes will SKYROCKET thanks to Obama. Just FYI in case you have kids and were expecting a tax cut.......it's not going to happen.

• ?

the green crap I did to my house got me a $2700 tax credit this year. That's good for my wallet but its a stupid policy.

Next year, my federal income taxes go up about $50,000. You can understand why I hate O.

• phil

well how about this,he also raised taxes on millions of americans,and raised our debt by trillions. please tell me how we have representation when democrats refuse to follow the will of the people?robbing peter to pay paul is not really lowering taxes

It gets the attention starved children here what they want and need the most, ATTENTION. No more, no less.

Facts: Obama supported a tax on Americans making 42k...millions of Americans.

Facts: Obama passed a tax on people making 250k...Millions of Americans.

Wow, so I've got more money and don't even know it? Stop - You're killing me.