Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

How do you feel about the untold story of American workers?

Source: http://www.alipac.us/article3891.html

January 12, 2009

by William Gheen

of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC

www.alipac.us

You take my house when you do take the prop That doth sustain my house; you take my life When you do take the means whereby I live.- William Shakespeare -The Merchant of Venice. Act iv. Sc. 1.

Across America a terrible story unfolds trapping honest and hard working Americans between the proverbial rock and a hard space. It is a story that I have gleaned from conversations with those directly impacted. It is a story I have learned from reading between the lines in the print media.

Many of America's print media publications are now facing well deserved financial extinction due to their penchant for bias, censorship, and promotions of unpopular political positions, rather than reporting facts. No issue illustrates their heavy bias more than illegal immigration.

American readers are bombarded on a daily basis with the latest illegal alien sob stories about how illegal aliens are getting laid off, being profiled, discriminated against, or finding it harder to get licenses and government benefits from mean and hateful Americans, while the most important part of the story is conspicuously absent!

The Americans who are falling down in historic numbers are not in these articles or publications!

The propagandists at the newspapers should take heed, when I remind them of two important things. One, people read the news to learn the facts and not the asserted political positions of the paper. Two, readers look for characters in articles, as well as in movies and books, who they can identify with.

Americans are losing their wages, jobs, homes, health, and sanity in numbers unprecedented since the Great Depression, yet you will not hear their trials and troubles in your elitist newspapers. And if you do get a glimpse of the horror of your neighbors and fellow countrymen, you will most certainly never hear of what I will speak of next.

You will not hear about how illegal immigration is trapping Americans in a vise which is leading to the destruction of their lives.

I hope no one in America needs a lecture on how horrible losing your job can be when there are no other jobs available and that not being able to provide health insurance or even food for your children is a life threatening situation. Marching your belongings and loved ones out of your house in front of a Sheriff's deputy is a story Americans are living out in larger numbers daily.

Many studies tell us that American workers work harder, longer, and more productively than many others on the planet. We are known for getting the job done and done well. Before the recent political invention of "jobs Americans won't do" we got the houses built, the landscapes tended, the chickens plucked, and the bathrooms cleaned without 15 million illegal aliens in the country.

Here is the scenario and perspective you will not find in your newspaper that must be told to the nation.

It has long been a tradition in America for wage earners to take a menial job or an extra job, when times got tough for their individual families, a region, or during a national economic downturn.

If your husband was injured, the wife would take on an extra job waiting tables or as a cashier. If you lost your job, you would seek another one no matter what it was, as long as it would help you keep food on the table and a roof over you and your family's head.

In 2009, when you go to look for a new job of any kind you will find that many jobs are not even listed in the Want Ads because those jobs are filled with illegal aliens and a surplus of legal immigrants. The employers have no desire to spend money on newspaper ads, if they have an opening they just tell the foreman, ask their existing workers, or in some cases call up the drug and human importing cartels in Mexico to order a new shipment of illegal aliens workers, as was the case with Tyson Foods here in North Carolina.

So American workers are not even finding notices for many jobs in construction, landscaping, hospitality and food industries, agriculture, meat processing, textiles, raw materials production, etc...

And even if you do approach one of these employers, you may find yourself in the position that many ALIPAC supporters have reported.

The employers of illegal aliens and H2B visa immigrants do not want Americans in the mix. There is rampant discrimination against America workers because they do not speak Spanish, are more concerned about worker health and safety laws, and might contact Immigration and Customs Enforcement to report illegal workers and visa fraud.

Even if you did go out on your own to find the non-advertised menial jobs, and you made it past the discrimination factors, you still have two major hurdles.

One, multiple studies have documented the common sense knowledge that illegal immigration greatly depreciates wages for Americ

Can't fit it all so go here for the rest of the story

http://www.alipac.us/article3891.html

Favorite Answer

John G. Is 63 years old and owns a small business. He's a life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next year has all but evaporated. With the stock market crashing and new taxes coming his way, John assumes now that he will work to his dying day. John has a granddaughter.

Ashley is a recent college grad. She drives a flashy hybrid car, wears all the latest fashions, and loves to go out to nightclubs and restaurants. Ashley campaigned hard for Barack Obama. After the election she made sure her grandfather (and all other Republican family members) received a big I told-you-so earful on how the world is going to be a much better place now that Obama and her party is taking over.

Having lost both roommates, Ashley recently ran short of cash and cannot pay the rent (again) on her 3 bedroom townhouse.. Like she has done many times in the past, she e-mailed her grandfather asking for some financial help.

Here is his reply:

Sweetheart, I received your request for assistance. Ashley, you know I love you dearly and I 'm sympathetic to your financial plight. Unfortunately, times have changed. With the election of President Obama, your grandmother and I have had to set forth a bold new economic plan of our own..."The Ashley Economic Empowerment Plan." Let me explain.

Your grandmother and I are life-long, wage-earning tax payers. We have lived a comfortable life, as you know, but we have never had the fancier things like European vacations, luxury cars, etc.. We have worked hard and were looking forward to retiring soon. But the plan has changed. Your president is raising our personal and business taxes significantly. He says it is so he can give our hard earned money to other people. Do you know what this means, Ashley? It means less for us, and we must cut back on many business and personal expenses.

You know the wonderful receptionist who worked in my office for more than 23 years? The one who always gave you candy when you came over to visit? I had to let her go last week. I can't afford to pay her salary and all of the government mandated taxes that go with having employees. Your grandmother will now work 4 days a week to answer phones, take orders and handle the books. We will be closed on Fridays and will lose even more income to the new Wal-Mart store that recently opened.

I'm also very sorry to report that your cousin Frank will no longer be working summers in the warehouse. I called him at school this morning. He already knows about it and he's upset because he will have to give up skydiving and his yearly trip to Greenland to survey the polar bears.

That's just the business side of things. Some personal economic effects of Obama's new taxation policies include none other than you You know very well that over the years your grandmother and I have given you thousands of dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts, etc., etc. But by your vote, you have chosen to help others -- not at your expense -- but at our expense.

If you need money now sweetheart, I recommend you call 202-456-1111. That is the direct phone number for the White House.. You can also contact the White House here :http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/.

You yourself told me how foolish it is to vote Republican. You said Mr Obama is going to be the People's President, and is going to help every American live a better life. Based on everything you've told me, along with all the promises we heard during the campaign, I'm sure Mr. Obama will be happy to transfer some stimulus money into your bank account. Have him call me for the account number which I memorized years ago...

Perhaps you can now understand what I've been saying all my life: those who vote for a president should consider the impact on the nation as a whole, and not be just concerned with what they can get for themselves. What Obama supporters don't seem to realize is all of the money he is redistributing to illegal aliens and non-taxpaying Americans (the so-called "less fortunate") comes from tax-paying families.

Remember how you told me, "Only the richest of the rich will be affected"? Well guess what, honey? Because we own a business, your grandmother and I are now considered to be the richest of the rich. On paper, it might look that way, but in the real world, we are far from it.

As you said while campaigning for Obama, some people will have to carry more of the burden so all of America can prosper... You understand what that means, right? It means that raising taxes on productive people results in them having less money; less money for everything, including granddaughters.

I'm sorry, Ashley, but the well has run dry... The free lunches are over... I have no money to give you now. So, congratulations on your choice for "change." For future reference, I encourage you to try and add up the total value of the gifts and cash you have received from us, just since you went off to college, and compare it to what you expect to get from Mr. Obama over the next 4 (or 8) years. I have not kept track of it, Ashley. It has all truly been the gift of our hearts.

Remember, we love you dearly...but from now on you'll need to call the number mentioned above. Your "Savior" has the money we would have given to you. Just try and get it from him.

Good luck, sweetheart.

Love,

Grandpa

edit: I hardly think it's an Urban Legend when Obama has announced that they are going to rasie taxes on everyone. And most retired are living on less already and Obama has announced another cut to their SSI even though for years government has been trading bonds to spend SS money instead of borrowing from foreign nations. Well guess what. It's time the government starts paying all that money back.

Social Security to start cashing Uncle Sam's IOUs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100314/ap_on_bi_ge/us...

Those "stories" are not untold, there are spoken of often by at least one of my neighbors. Only the stories I hear do not always blame illegals for the woes of life. They know that there are other factors and events are just as equally responsible for our troubled times.

I do not need to read media reports to know that neighbors are losing their homes, or that monthly living expenditures are gobbling what little money is coming in to the home. I know that Ray a couple of houses down will soon pass away mainly because he made a choice between buying medicines or eating and paying bills. Like many others Chrysler workers in Kenosha his Chrysler health insurance monthly premiums increased close to 80% back in 2007 and then he lost his job without qualifying for retirement in Nov. 2007. COBRA was not useful and his insurance lapsed.

Not that it means anything to you but none of this would be found in the media yet it happened.

And your wrong posts from participating individuals such as yourself, Kize, Bombgurl, USAUSA, Obama Bin Laden, Riot Girl, Jane, Jane1, and Asgard to name a few keep me well informed on the subjects of "about how illegal immigration is trapping Americans in a vise which is leading to the destruction of their lives." The repeated posts and articles (for me) do nothing in dissuading or supporting the subject of illegal immigration.

On the subject of "Grandpas letter" I would file that with all the other internet urban legends and nothing more.

Edit: My apologies to Asgard, I have corrected the spelling of your name.

Dude, you want people to read> Dont make it to big man . thats alot of BS. But the untold story? No, the many untold stories, like what really happened in Somalia, El Salvador, why we never went to Cuba, and how come Obama is Muslim, but here is the tricky one :) how come all this talk about illegals getting all this benefits like, heath insurance, free homes, they coming here and taking all Americans jobs, Social Security, or Medicare, etc. Whats the untold story here? some one is lying and I bet 100% is not illegals because no inglish comprende and no papers to claim for all this good things :)

Source(s): you probably know more about it.

The only untold story is that Americans are lazy and Obama is encouraging them to stay at home at get unemployment benefits than to work for minimum wage.

Hahahaha ROFL very funny!!