Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

New Study on Atheism and Serial Killers?

According to a joint study conducted by the Australian Institute of Criminology and Harvard, 90% of those who become serial killers are likely to be Atheist.

How do Atheists explain these results?

Favorite Answer

No link?

Lie.

Brooklyn is FAIL.

"90% of those who become serial killers are likely to be Atheist."? That doesn't make sense.

No one would publish a study saying that 90% of serial killers are LIKELY to be Atheists. They might say what percentage ARE Atheists, but the way you put it, no one would publish a study like that, because it doesn't mean anything.

If they said "90% of serial killers ARE Atheists", then fine, that puts an actual percentage of it. But it just doesn't mean anything to say 90% are likely to become Atheists. What does "likely" mean in this case? That's why it's meaningless. Throwing the word "likely" in there means that they have no idea what percentage of serial killers are actually Atheists.

Besides, I just googled the key words in your question, and nothing came up. Meaning, there probably is no such study. I'm sure the Australian Institute of Criminology has better things to do besides talking to a bunch of idiots at an Ivy League college about Atheism as it relates to serial killers. Probably 90% of Harvard students are Atheists.

Atheists don't "explain results". The scientists who conducted the study do. What was the reference again, so we can all look it up and see for ourselves how they explain their results?

Gee. the exact same result as the theft study you quoted yesterday.

You do know that lying is a sin, right?

A search of the AIC website for "crime and atheism" produced no direct matches.

http://search.aic.gov.au/search/search.cgi?query=C...

You've made up the same question - with the exact same percentage of 90% - involving woman abuse, drug abuse, theft and terrorism. And now serial killers? Bored much?

I haven's found reference to any such study on the AIC's website. They publish their findings there for the public.

90% of statistics are made up 76% of the time.

What IS documented that a very large number of serial killers whom we know of came from very strict religious backgrounds.

• ?

So I searched for your "study" and the only reference I found gave a link back to here. So just because you think that to be true doesn't mean it is.

Go back to your bridge.

I have never killed anyone nor do I believe I ever will.....BUT if you go to a prison you will find that most claim to be Christians...explain those results...

"People can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

- Homer Simpson

You sir, are lying. I just googled your Information and it is nonexistent. Post your source next time so you won't look like an idiot.