New Study on Atheism and Serial Killers?

According to a joint study conducted by the Australian Institute of Criminology and Harvard, 90% of those who become serial killers are likely to be Atheist.

How do Atheists explain these results?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No link?

Lie.

Brooklyn is FAIL.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"90% of those who become serial killers are likely to be Atheist."? That doesn't make sense.

No one would publish a study saying that 90% of serial killers are LIKELY to be Atheists. They might say what percentage ARE Atheists, but the way you put it, no one would publish a study like that, because it doesn't mean anything.

If they said "90% of serial killers ARE Atheists", then fine, that puts an actual percentage of it. But it just doesn't mean anything to say 90% are likely to become Atheists. What does "likely" mean in this case? That's why it's meaningless. Throwing the word "likely" in there means that they have no idea what percentage of serial killers are actually Atheists.

Besides, I just googled the key words in your question, and nothing came up. Meaning, there probably is no such study. I'm sure the Australian Institute of Criminology has better things to do besides talking to a bunch of idiots at an Ivy League college about Atheism as it relates to serial killers. Probably 90% of Harvard students are Atheists.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Atheists don't "explain results". The scientists who conducted the study do. What was the reference again, so we can all look it up and see for ourselves how they explain their results?

• 1 decade ago

Gee. the exact same result as the theft study you quoted yesterday.

You do know that lying is a sin, right?

A search of the AIC website for "crime and atheism" produced no direct matches.

http://search.aic.gov.au/search/search.cgi?query=C...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You've made up the same question - with the exact same percentage of 90% - involving woman abuse, drug abuse, theft and terrorism. And now serial killers? Bored much?

• 1 decade ago

I haven's found reference to any such study on the AIC's website. They publish their findings there for the public.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

90% of statistics are made up 76% of the time.

What IS documented that a very large number of serial killers whom we know of came from very strict religious backgrounds.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

So I searched for your "study" and the only reference I found gave a link back to here. So just because you think that to be true doesn't mean it is.

Go back to your bridge.

• 1 decade ago

I have never killed anyone nor do I believe I ever will.....BUT if you go to a prison you will find that most claim to be Christians...explain those results...

• 1 decade ago

"People can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

- Homer Simpson

• 1 decade ago

You sir, are lying. I just googled your Information and it is nonexistent. Post your source next time so you won't look like an idiot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.