Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Hey liberals since conservatives are liars, will you listen to Democrats about how bad this healthcare bill is?

Maybe it's not just conservatives and republicans that are against this thing, what do you think?

I think only liberals/progressives are FOR it.

excerpt...

"There's going to be a tendency on the part of our people to be in denial about all this, but if you lose Massachusetts and that's not a wake-up call, there's no hope of waking up." — Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN)

"Bluntly put, this is the political reality: First, the battle for public opinion has been lost. Comprehensive health care has been lost. If it fails, as appears possible, Democrats will face the brunt of the electorate's reaction. If it passes, however, Democrats will face a far greater calamitous reaction at the polls. Wishing, praying or pretending will not change these outcomes." — Patrick H. Caddell & Douglas E. Schoen

"The problem is this: we are spending almost a trillion dollars and folks are telling me I should vote yes and we will fix it later. You wouldn't buy a car for a trillion dollars and say yeah, it doesn't run but we will fix it later." — Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-MA)

"There's a lot of discomfort with the reconciliation process, the self-implementing rule, where you wouldn't have a formal vote on maybe the most important policy of the past 40 years. I have a big issue with the way they're doing the process. I think it's wrong and my constituents don't like it." — Rep. Jason Altmire (D-PA)

"I was one of the authors of the legislation that created the budget reconciliation process in 1974, and I am certain that putting health care reform and climate change legislation on a freight train through Congress is an outrage that must be resisted." — Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV)

"I don't believe reconciliation was ever intended for (health care reform). It doesn't work well for writing major, substantive legislation." — Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND)

"Anyone who would stand before you and say 'well, if you pass health care reform next year's health care premiums are going down,' I don't think is telling the truth. I think it is likely they would go up." — Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL)

"While deeming, like reconciliation, has been used by Republicans and Democrats in the past, the context in which it would be used in this case leads me to conclude that it would poison an already terribly partisan atmosphere and leave the Congress even less able to find bipartisan solutions to fiscal problems that are on the verge of becoming overwhelming." — Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin (D-SD)

"This bill represents a giveaway to the insurance industry. $70 billion dollars a year, and no guarantees of any control over premiums, forcing people to buy private insurance, five consecutive years of double-digit premium increases." — Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH)

Favorite Answer

TOKOLOSH, unfortunately they will be kicking your *** too if you are a taxpayer. If so, you will soon learn what those who oppose this bill already know, the 'we' in yes we can, refers to BO and his minions in the WH, not you or I.

• grazia

Hi, At 18 you're very a lot nonetheless within the finding out interval of your lifestyles, your additionally within the shall we move out and feature a well time interval, the following 5 years in case your Labour social gathering get in with a majority will I'm definite difference your brain, you wont believe so tremendously of the bodge activity ex employees social gathering that inform Lie's in an extra guise and accessory. the following situation a Lab/Lib percent will simplest dig us deeper into the hands of the Germany we fought so difficult to rid the sector of, we can be swamped with each authorized and unlawful spongers, Real Britain will evacuate to the centre of France and Spain, leaving the poorer categories, the historical and the unwell, plus your new peers from the EU and the approach will cave in, or the Tories you have got taken an instantaneous dislike to good they ain't no angles and I'm definite in the event that they win they are going to additionally inform Lie's and make errors, however I cant see them alongside aspect the Amnesty for all social gathering, hung parliaments dont keep out a lot danger of succeeding on this damaged Briton its now not a gigantic sufficient plaster to hide the sores thirteen years of Labour abuse has bestowed upon us, so fortunate fellow that you're, you're going to more commonly get 2 probabilities to vote within the subsequent yr if its a hung parliament, ain't developing up valued at the wait ?

It is an all-around bad bill.

There are many things that we can try doing first.

How about tort reform, giving tax incentives to docs for working with low-income patients, allowing group policies outside of the work place, state-to-state commerce and even taking a look at hospital zoning laws.

Also, we don't know all of the restrictions that are thrown at the insurance companies placed by the government.

I am pretty convinced that it was the government that got us into this mess. Besides, UHC isn't a reward. The masses seem as if they are unaware that it is always implemented as a last resort--usually because the government screwed up the system on that large of a scale.

You're assuming that all libs are in support for this bill.

You're very wrong.

Signed, A lib.

You can groan and you can hyperventilate, but tomorrow the Dems are going to kick butt!

Yes, WE CAN!

ouch! how are the libs gonna talk their way outta this one?