Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

For Human Resource management

I want to ask the reasons why training is essential to employees in HRM company.

Please help and thx~

2 Answers

Rating
  • Mick
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Training is essential to employees for the following reasons.

It provides the employees the necessary skills for them to perform their job effectively. This has an immediate focus.

In the longer term, training equips the employees with the desired skills in order for the organisation (or the department) to attain its business objectives.

As an ongoing process, training enables employees to refresh their skills. This is to reinforce the critical knowledge and skills that are transferred to the employees. Secondly, it ensures that what has been learnt will not be forgot

2010-03-23 15:07:25 補充:

Oh, I did not refer to any literature. I answered your question from the knowledge I gained during my HRM studies and from my working experience.

2010-04-04 14:49:30 補充:

garygolfhk, below is the textbook I used during my HRM studies. If you really need some reference, you may quote it.

DeSimone, R.L., Werner, J.M. and Harris, D.M. (2002). Human Resource Development (3rd ed.). Ohio: South-Western.

• 1 decade ago

can you give me the reference which the information you found?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.