So is it possible for someone who has not played in a football game before to be a Quarterback of a team?

So my high school did not have a football program and currently I am at a lower ranked university which only has intramural football. I do real good in it, I can throw the ball accurately and everything. I am a former tennis and soccer player so I do have a lot of speed (ran a 4.8 fourty) and I am about 6"2.

I will be finishing my final two years of college at a division 3 school known for its academics (either Washington University in St Louis or University of Rochester) or an Ivy, as you can see I will be a transfer. They have a football program and I want some advice. I would love to give the Quarterback position a go since that is what I play in intramurals. When my friends and I went to a football field to see how far I can throw, I threw the ball about 74 yards.

Is there anything I can do to prepare myself for division 3 football? Especially the Quarterback position?

Favorite Answer

It's extremely unlikely, but not impossible:

1. You need to get as good as you can where you're at. That means starting on your college team. Or playing as much intramural ball as possible. And keep challenging yourself. Have your team challenge the better teams in the league above you.

2. You need to get better at the mental aspects of playing QB. You MUST find some NFL QB camps to go to over the summer (and spring breaks, if possible). Find someone who can work with you on the mechanics of throwing. Find someone else that can show you how to breakdown film to study an opponent. Peyton Manning ate, slept, and breathed football.

Life is full of "cinderella" stories. you just have to believe that you can and never give up - Like Kurt Warner!

"I do real good in it"

first off, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GET INTO AN IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL WITH THE LANGUAGE OF A 3RD GRADER!!!

Also, try playing with the ball that you would be playing with at that school. Because the type of Quarterbacks that can throw it 74 yards are 6'6 250 lbs. guys like Flacco. I'm guessing you could throw 60 yards max with an official ball. If everything else is true, then you have a solid shot. You would just need to learn how to be a strong field general.

• Amanda

Yes, it is possible for you to play as a starter in high school, as first year football playing high school senior. In fact, I highly encourage you to join your high school football team next season. It will not (yet) be too late for you start playing football. Based on your height and weight, as well as your speed and agility, I believe that the best fit for you is at the wide receiver position. Your height gives you the potential to become a very elite high school wide receiver next season, who could go on to play college football. What you need to do during the next 10 months is eat healthy, and exercise by doing a lot of running every day. If you do these two things, you will get into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of earning a starting wide receiver position for your high school football team next season, as well as getting recruited to play for a college football program.

You could probably walk on as QB or maybe even another position with a soccer background (kicker/punter). Just try out and see what happens. A punter that can throw accurately at a long range could be useful.

Be ready to take a hit and learn about the game

if you can throw it to the other team the bears might start you

• 123

LMAO. I can't believe how many people take this seriously.