So is it possible for someone who has not played in a football game before to be a Quarterback of a team?

So my high school did not have a football program and currently I am at a lower ranked university which only has intramural football. I do real good in it, I can throw the ball accurately and everything. I am a former tennis and soccer player so I do have a lot of speed (ran a 4.8 fourty) and I am about... show more So my high school did not have a football program and currently I am at a lower ranked university which only has intramural football. I do real good in it, I can throw the ball accurately and everything. I am a former tennis and soccer player so I do have a lot of speed (ran a 4.8 fourty) and I am about 6"2.

I will be finishing my final two years of college at a division 3 school known for its academics (either Washington University in St Louis or University of Rochester) or an Ivy, as you can see I will be a transfer. They have a football program and I want some advice. I would love to give the Quarterback position a go since that is what I play in intramurals. When my friends and I went to a football field to see how far I can throw, I threw the ball about 74 yards.

Is there anything I can do to prepare myself for division 3 football? Especially the Quarterback position?