! asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

If nobody buys a ticket to a movie do they still show it?

Favorite Answer

Yes. They have to air the movie for the company that they purchased it from. Its like advertisments. Even if no one watches your ad, the tv station still has to run the paid for time slot.

• Swibs

Yes. They play the movies on a set schedule. They don't communicate with the box office to check if any tickets were sold. The movie starts when it's supposed to start. There is no benefit with not showing a movie.

Besides, some people show up late.

Sunny Side Up is right on the money there. I used to work for a movie theater and sometimes found nobody in them. They have to show the film due to contracts with the production companies.

Yes. I know this because I got the theater late once and when I walked in the movie was already playing but no one was in the theater, lol.

• Nomadd

I've wondered that myself. I've seen a few movies where I was the only one in the theater.

yaayaa, if ur talking about at the theatre. why wouldnt they??