D asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Contradtiction in The DaVinci Code (film) and Angels & Demons (film)?

[I HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS, SO I'M NOT 100% SURE]

I believe there exists a contradiction between these two Dan Brown's films. In the first film [DaVinci Code] I remember Robert Langdon with Sophie Neveu in the armoured truck just after the Haxo 24 Swiss Bank Account thing. Well, when Langdon said that he was raised Catholic, I could probably misunderstood the situation, but for me, he implies that he actually believes in God. Then he asks Sophie if she believes or not, and by his face expression, when Sophie answers no, he looks like stranged about Sophie's answer, again for me, Langdon does that because he believes in God.

In Angels & Demons (film), Langdon is asked by the Camerlengo Patrick McKenna if he believes in God, he answers that he is not meant to, so if I got it right, there is a contradiction.

It's just my opinion!

Please correct me if I´m wrong or misunderstood something, because I´m not form the US and maybe confused the words. My native language is Spanish.

Thanks

Favorite Answer

You're correct in thinking that it's a language problem.

"To be raised a catholic" just means that you were brought up in a catholic environment, being taught how to behave in the manner of a catholic. It says nothing about whether or not you actually believe in what you are being taught, nor even in the existence of god.

So, no, there is no contradiction. Because Langdon never said he believed in god, only that the people who brought him up wanted him to believe.

Source(s): http://www.thefreedictionary.com/raise see "raise" v(erb) tr(ansitive) meaning #8 c http://www.thefreedictionary.com/brought+up see "bring up" meaning #1

Just because someone is raised religious doesn't mean they are. You may have mistaken his facial expression. Then again, it is a movie, and most movies have continuity flaws and inaccuracies.