Confused about heath care bill?

With all the controversy on the heath care bill, I'm trying to look into it to see what I think of it. However, most news sites just bash the other side, and aren't even mentioning what it plans to do. Does anyone know any good web sites that explain it, as unbiased as possible? Or can someone explain it? How much would taxes increase? For who? Who would be covered/how? Etc.

*Note- Please be nice to others. I'm not looking for a debate.

I was afraid this would happen. People, please, I'm not asking for opinions on politicians or what it will do to the economy. I just want a site that will tell fact and figures (as un-biased as possible)

Favorite Answer

I recommend www.snopes.com. They peel away the facts & fiction. Some examples of the fiction

#1 Death panels will decide if you live or die

#2 The Insurance companies will decide the treatment for your illness

#3 The Bill will make your Healthcare skyrocket when in fact it will lower the premiums

#4 The Bill will raise the deficit and bankrupt the country when in fact it will lower the deficit

Good luck on your research!

• Cinner

It's too much to actually go over it here. I will tell you the biggest reason why I'm against it.

1) It will FORCE people to buy health insurance. The penalty for not doing so would be a hefty fine. That is unconstitutional.

2) The IRS will be the entity administering this program. They can't even run the agency as it is.

3) The Congress is trying to circumvent the Constitution the way they are proceeding. Rather than having both houses vote on the EXACT same bill (which is a requirement by law), they want to "deem" the Senate bill passed with out having a vote.

4) Greater than 50% of Americans are against this bill. The democratic leaders are using bribes and intimidation to strong arm their people into voting for it.

5) I work at a hospital, a HUGE number of doctors (including my own) will retire or change professions should it pass. The bill states that the government will set the fees for doctors.

Etc, etc, etc

• mm117

At this point most of it is what people THINK will happen. Pelosi even said "we need to pass this bill before we can see whats in it." I just cant believe that. But i will TRY not to be biased.

1. taxes would increase for everyone, and even more for the rich most likely. Its the only way to afford it.

2. everyone under this bill would be "covered" but there are many issues that go beyond that.

the bill in itself is over 2000 pages. we cant afford it (we are 12 trillion in debt and that's a fact). america is against it, and no one is listening to us.

White House website.

It will ruin the economy. Increasing taxes in the midst of a recession is a proven method to ruin an economy.... Costs of producing damn near everything will go UP, causing inflationary pressure at a time when our dollar is under assault... NOT a good thing....

The dems have pitched an economic tantrum worthy of the most active two year old to establish their socialist agenda... Someone will have to clean up the Mother of All Messes....

taxes wouldn't b raised. It would actually lower the federal deficit (it would save the country more money than it costs). It would extend health care to 30 million americans who are uninsured, through various methods. it would:

1) get rid of the pre-existing condition rule, so you can get health care even if you're already sick

2) it would make it illegal to drop patients when they're sick

3) it would provide funding to small businesses so they can provide health care to their employees

4) it would close the budget gap in seniors' prescriptions

• e w

Obviously it will cost taxpayers more; anything that comes out of Congress always does.

And anything that comes out of Congress will make the cronies and special interests ever-richer, with the lion's share of the loot.

And anything that the government gets involved in ends up costing about 1,000% more, so that, once again, the politicians' cronies will get most of the money.

Instead of trying to reduce government waste and expense, they're always looking for another way to get more out of the taxpayers for their cronies.

This site gives you both sides of HC but in the end you will have to decide

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

It's unconstitutional and will be struck down by the US Supreme Court if it is passed. That's not a prediction, but a guarantee.

Source(s): Health Care Reform Bill is Unconstitutional http://bit.ly/7wkIds

Yes and think many people feel overwhelmed and confused like we do.