Atheists have you read the Qur'an? Is it a good read?

I do not care about it being fictional or not just want to know if it's a good read.

• ...
    Favorite Answer

I read it, studied it and it is a terrible read. It's just recycled judeo-christian myths mixed with arabian pagan myths for the purpose of the false prophet Mohamad's political power.

If you can read arabic and understand it you will see that the claims about it being so impressive and a great contribution to literature are pretty much false. It's repetitive and filled with grammatical errors + nonsensical statements. It even has words that exist in no language simply to give it a mystical feel.It's filled with countless scientific and historical inaccuracies as well as contradicting passages.

It's a long rant filled with hate and fear and childish threats to the point that it's a joke and pathetic beyond belief.

Oh and the part about it never having been changed is a joke. It wasn't written long after Mohamad's death. Mohamad himself changed it when preaching and starting wars for his own convenience. When it was finally compiled and written after his death there were over 20 different versions, when arabic wasn't even yet fully developed as a written language, so people had to guess its meanings lot's of times. Again the final remaining version chosen was the most politically convenient for the time.

If you are reading it in English or any other language it will be nowhere near the current arabic version. Don't waste your time. If you want a good read go to the Arts & Humanities book section and ask for one.

Good luck!

http://www.wikiislam.com/

http://www.faithfreedom.org/

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/index....

Source(s): ex muslimah

No it's not a good read. I could only get so far into it before having to put it back on my shelf. I haven't touched it since. It really did make me feel sick, and I felt so angry reading it knowing that so many people believe it and live by it. It is an evil, disgusting, vile, hate-filled, fascist book. Almost every second sentence is something like "The unbelievers will have their place in the Blazing Fire where Allah will torment them day and night for eternity.." It's also full of blatant anti-Semitic verses, and commands to slaughter Jews, Christians and pagans. And that was only in the part I got up to, which was about the first 20 pages. I don't think I even want to know what the rest says. Disgusting book, even worse than the Bible. The Bible actually reads pleasantly by comparison.

Source(s): Atheist and anti-theist

One would have to be masochistic to read it all the way through - it's incoherent and hugely repetitive - a ghastly read and the fact young teenagers are encouraged to learn it off by heart is staggering (and ominous).

Since we're told things get lost in translation I've got 3 in English so as to check for possible variations. I use them for reference purposes, checking assertions made about Islam (good and bad). But we're told the 'miracle' that is The Qur'an doesn't lend itself to translation - its alleged beauty can only be fully appreciated in spoken arabic. Be that as it may, it's a jumble of quite unpleasant strictures on humanity, with constant dire threats of what waits 'infidels'.

Bear in mind that if you read it and decide it's not your cup of tea - you could offer the whole earth twice over as a ransom but it wouldn't spare you eternal torment. And if you can't afford a copy, don't pinch one - the penalty for theft would be having your hands cut off (Ch. 5: vs 36 - 38).

• Ami

What I've read of it is just as silly as any other religious book. It seemed a lot more repetitive than the Bible, and there's really no logical order for its contents. It's just a long, rambling religious rant.

In the English translation I read, no the Bible is a better read.

But there are lots of better reads than either.

I haven't read it, only read small parts of it online. I don't plan on reading it either. I don't need to read every holy text on the planet to know they're all as bad as one another.

Aso is lying. She was never a muslim and she only gathered her knowledge of Quran from those anti-islamic websites which are full of lies just like her post. She has an extreme hatred for ALL muslims and she expresses it quite often.

Islam means commitment to surrender to the Will of God (Allah) and be at peace with the Creator and His Creation. Worship Him Alone with Submission and in Obedience. Islam is a way of life of righteousness based on Divine Revelation. The whole creation obeys the laws of God so is Muslim. God has sent down chain of prophets, conveying same message of Islam, beginning from Adam and ending with Muhammad. Prophets; David, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad brought Divine Books of Guidance for Mankind.

Quran speaks word of Almighty God (Allah) for Universal Guidance. Quran is The Last Revelation for the whole Humanity, to The Last Prophet Muhammad. Which supersedes all previous Divine Books. Quran communicates framework for individual and collective human conduct,warnings and assurances for guidance,criteria for judging between right and wrong. Social and historical antecedents which help to explain each topic. Quran is in most eloquent Arabic language. Revealed in 23 years and preserved by Text and Memorization from Day One.

welll imm nott an atheisstt buhh imm a muslimm andd yhhh its an awsumm readdd the storyss aree lykk totallyy awsumm and even thoo i know it sounds stooopidd buhh itss lykk the book totally getss yhuus x

It's not the best book out there, but it *is* much less dry than the Bible is. I guess not being able to depict their prophet led to better writers.