How do I view a Powerpoint presentation on my Mac?

Someone sent me a PowerPoint presentation in the form of an email attachment. When I try to open it on my MacBook Pro I get an error message saying it's a corrupt file. How do I view the contents of this file?

Best Answer

There seem to be two questions here, but I am not sure which one you are asking.

Scenario #1: You have PowerPoint. When PowerPoint opens the document you are getting a message that the file is corrupt. I think this is what you are asking about. The most likely cause of this is that the file was made in PowerPoint 2007 on a PC where PowerPoint has not been updated. This problem was fixed in a Windows Office update a while ago, but some people have not yet updated. Have your PC friend install the updates, then open and re-save the presentation before sending it to you again.

Scenario #2: You received a PowerPoint file, but you don't have PowerPoint. In this situation, use the free on-line PowerPoint. There's nothing to install. You use the free Skydrive versions of Microsoft Office from any computer - Mac, PC, or even LINUX - in your FireFox, Safari or IE web browser. This link will take you through the process of using SkyDrive if you are a new user:

http://skydrive.live.com/acceptpreview.aspx/.docum...

View Powerpoint On Mac

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): view powerpoint presentation mac: https://shortly.im/1GIS8
  • Ice

I believe that Microsoft has a PowerPoint viewer that is Mac compatible. Try Microsoft.com and enter Powerpoint viewer for Mac. Good Luck.

Microsoft doesn't offer any free PowerPoint software for OS X. Here are your choices:

* Buy and install Office for Mac. Two versions to consider: Office 2004 and Office 2008.

* Buy and install (unless you already have it) iWork from store.apple.com that includes Keynote software to open PPT files.

* Download and install NeoOffice for Mac. It also can open PPT files.

* Use an online service, such as the last link below. It can open or create a presentation.