How can I tell if my phone lines are being tapped?

Once in a while I'l get a strange interference when I make a phone call from my house. The interference makes my end of the line sound "crackling". People I call ask me, why is my line "crackling"? ...This happens when I call from my cell phone (when I'm in the house), or my house's cordless phone. It doesn't make that sound when I call through someone elses cell phone inside the house.

Is my phone line tapped? how can I tell? or what do you think is causing that crackling on my phone in particular; keep in mind that it also happens with my cordless inside the house. And up to a few months ago this was not happening.

Favorite Answer

If you hear another guy on the phone saying "what did you say?" then your phone are being tapped.

2

Source(s): 100% Free Cell Phone : http://FreeCellPhones.iukiy.com/?Cxwi

Why tap the line, if you're using a cordless phone they just intercept the signal same thing with a cell phone. There would be no cracking, no popping, no nothing.

BTW cell phone and cordless phone broadcast a radio wave that can be intercepted by ANYONE with a little bit if equipment. With cordless phones the police don't even need a warrant.

actually you have the right to ask the carrier or phone company if you line has any sort of tap or half tap on it . its not a very popular question and they'll probably refer you to a different number but eventually they will have to let you know . hope the info helps of course state laws may apply as always

You will know when they knock or bust in your door and arrest you! LOL. Im not sure if you can tell anymore. I know that cracking used to be a sign, but with todays new technology, i doubt you would be able to tell. And if you are not doing anything you shouldnt be doing, you have nothing to worry about. And anyway, cell phones have a wireless signal that can be picked up by any monitoring device. They sell them online. You can buy one and listen to your neighbors conversations from cell phones. So, be careful period about what you say on your cell.

I have to agree with everyone else sounds like something in your home causing the problem but if you want to check there are items on the internet you can get to test your home for bugs. Will cost a few to get them but if it makes you feel better go for it. :) Paul

• Kevin

It sounds like you probably have a bad wire/bad connection. I would call the phone company and report the noise and have them repair it.

don't be so paronoid,, call your service provider and tell them the problem . if it's outside the house , they pay to fix it , if it's inside the house you pay to fix it . it could be as simple as a bad connection at the box or on the pole as i've had this problem before . seriously , i nevered cared if someone was listening to me , are people really that bored or are you really that interesting or why would you even be concerned anyway

• Jay

Have you bothered calling the telephone company and have them come to house and run a test on your line?