Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how can i get on the U.S. Marshals task force?

After i graduate college in 2 years and get my Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice i want to go to the U.S. Marshals training camp in Georgia to become a Deputy U.S. Marshall which takes 6 months. After that i want to join the task force and hunt down fugitives what do i have to do to get on the task force or will i automatically be on the task force after i graduate the academy?. Does anyone know?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I can tell u this right now, u arent getting into the deputy U.S. Marshals service with a degree in criminal justice. Most people in their either have graduate degrees, military experience, or law enforcement experience. And no, you are assigned to the job, and fugitive apprehension is highly competitive. You will more then likely become a court judge protection agent or WITSEC inspector.

Source(s): Know a federal marshal, and am a police explorer
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I'm sorry, but you're not becoming a U.S. Marshal without 10 years of police or military experience.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.