Unc chapel hill or NC State University?

I want to be a doctor and I want to major in biology (pre-med). Any suggestions which you would pick?

Favorite Answer

UNC-Chapel Hill hands-down. It is known as a "public ivy," and it is very highly ranked across the country. It's one of those schools whose name "rings a bell," and while that shouldn't matter it does. There are a lot of research opportunities there as well. However since you are talking more about undergraduate rather than graduate level, I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make. For grad school, hands-down go to UNC-Chapel Hill over NC State University. For undergrad, just make sure you go to a school that has a strong biology/biomedical science major, and do well in it so you can get into a good med school such as UNC-Chapel Hill, UM Ann Arbor, U Iowa, U Texas-Austin, etc... I still think UNC would be better for sure, though for undergrad I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make. Most importantly do very well in school, during your junior/senior year try to get involved in research projects with faculty, join a sorority or fraternity, get to know your professors so you'll have strong letters of recommendation, and do as much as you can so you can get into a good medical school.