Would Sheriff Joe Arpaio get your vote for governor of Arizona?

Joe Arpaio “considers” run for Governor

• March 18, 2010

He says, “if it;s not now, it’s never”

PHOENIX – Sheriff Joe Arpaio says he’s “considering” running for the state’s highest office — and he says he could win.

It’s the fourth time Sheriff Arpaio has flirted with the idea of running for governor of Arizona. But he says this time is different.

Arpaio says this is the last year he’ll consider running for Arizona’s top spot. Since 1998, Arpaio has only considered a run, but he’s never officially thrown in his hat. This time, Arpaio says, it’s different because he’s 77 years old.

“I’m not going to wait until I’m 85 or 80 if I wanted to run for governor,” he says. “I would run for governor for two reasons, because the people want me, and I know I can do the job, that’s not being egotistical.”

The sheriff says he’s raised plenty of money to campaign for governor — possibly millions.

If Arpaio runs for governor, he would face off with Republican candidates Jan Brewer, Dean Martin, and John Munger. Democrat Terry Goddard is also in the running.

Arpaio says his resume could beat out any of those candidates. “I get letters every day that I should run for governor.”

Arpaio denies the claim that his popularity may be plummeting due to a Department of Justice investigation into his crime suppression sweeps. He says he’s more popular than ever before.

If Sheriff Arpaio decides to run for governor, he would have to resign. The county Board of Supervisors would appoint his replacement.

Arpaio expects to make a decision in the next few months.

• pacer
    Favorite Answer

YES - The people in Arizona will be very lucky with Joe Arpaio as their new governor. Only the corrupt politicians need the future votes of 23 million illegals. To every Arizona voter; as my dear grandmother use to say; learn to appreciate what you do have.

Here in Pennsylvania even our union construction workers are laid off work for a very long time now, and we have 424,000 of our own legal children in poverty. That is 15.4 percent of all the children in Pa. Our governor Fast Eddy Rendell’s little city of Philadelphia gave free child birth delivery to a minimum of 1,800 undocumented women in the twelve short months of 2008. At present the lowest estimate of illegal’s State-wide are 3.8 million. Over 60 percent of these illegal aliens are all high school drop outs. Another amnesty would bankrupt many States, and the amount of children who would be eligible for (SCHIP) States Children Health Insurance Program is staggering. Not including undocumented in Pa. there are 1,211,000 legal Pennsylvanian citizens without health insurance.

This area once was coal, garment, mills, shoe factories and steel sustaining our lives. The jobs are long gone, and the number of illegal’s have tripled. We have a high population of Nam vets & many elderly whose life, blood, & sweat built this county, and are now living on a meager $12,000 a year social security, no COLA increase, while paying over 3 thousand in taxes on their old home. Our property taxes were reassessed in this recession doubling many for 2009, and due now 2010 taxes increased another 15%. One elderly person living alone here is also paying over $350 on two different sewer bills, while rental properties harbor 9 to 12 adult illegal border jumpers. All of whom really contribute much to our inadequate sewage treatment facilities. Two County judges busted on federal corruption; they took bribes to send our kids to juvenile detention. A replacement judge sent to hear cases lasted about one week or until he tried to choke his wife. Our still head judge wiped out a few mailboxes on his way home from the bar and left the scene of the accident, but he is such a nice guy of course we all know he wasn’t over the legal driving limit. ALL democrats and that is not half the crap, court house employees, county commissioner same, school board members busted, sewer authority funds and other taxes stolen. Our County prison employees union court won 17% pay raise was just put on hold until 2012, and unemployment is over 12%, while illegal border jumpers are still working 16 hours a day.

Though this particular region of Luzerne County, Pa. might be a bit more corrupt than most, I needed to mention it first so you can see why hometown people all over the United States of different sex, color, race, religions and politics are seeing Sheriff Arpaio as a true American hero. Just as the HOPE of many citizens elected President Obama… Sheriff Arpaio is giving HOPE to many, many citizens all over our Country.

Deportation would sure provide many jobs in every field of employment. While taxes have already greatly increased on the poor, they are only being used to the advantage of this “poor minority” of high school dropout border jumper’s. Our children of many colors are growing up lazy without proper work ethics unemployed because illegal border jumpers are doing the jobs we held at 15 years of age. As a lifelong Catholic here is one Catholic priest who is actually for us poorer hardworking legal citizens of all Color. It is a 10 minute video filmed next door to Pennsylvania in Harlem, N.Y. Every word is so true.

Father Bascio on the immorality of illegal immigration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMaNa1K8lJo

Youtube thumbnail

Arizona Is Doing The Job That Washington Doesn't Want To Do The Days Of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Immigration Enforcement Are Over In The Great State Of Arizona And Hopefully, The Rest Of Our States Will Have The BALLS To Do What Arizona Governor Jan Brewer Has The BALLS To Do Other States Are Drafting Similar Legislation As We Type NOTHING Can Stop This Not MALDEF Not LaRaza Not MeCHa Not The ACLU Not Even The U.S. Federal Government NOTHING Can Stop This

Nope

Yes if he wants the job. Love your avatar.

Yes, he is cleaning up the crap.

No, he is an evil horrible person who doesn't deserve to clean the crap out of the gutter.

For sure I would and I would even move there..