Irv S
Irv S asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Have you read the Health Care Plan?

What do you think of this bill?

Read it here:

http://candicemiller.house.gov/pdf/hr3200.pdf

Then lets talk.

Favorite Answer

I read 500 pages of the first one but realized how futile it was as they keep changing it behind closed doors in the dead of night.

Not even Obama could answer what was in it in his interview because it continues to be a work in progress.

He said by the time it was voted on and passed, THEN we would know what was in it as THEN it will be published.

So whatever your are reading, you have no guarantee that it's even the actual bill.

The democrats are not through making their illegal, felonious deals using tax money to buy votes.

By the time they finish with that, no telling what it will say but you can bet it will be even more loaded with corruption.

BTW, the pages I did read, I HATED everything about it! Welfare health care, benefits only as funds are available, Commissioners and panels to decide and pork, pork, pork, even trying to control who attends med school and where they will be.

• imaxkr

Yes, and that is why I am firmly against this particular legislation.

I support many of the "goals" but the methods this puts in place to achieve them either will not accomplish them or will be at a far greater cost to the country and its citizens.

Now the new "reconciliation" that was released today I have not, it'll take a long time, far more than 72hours, but from what I have skimmed it makes a bad bill worse.

This version is from JULY 14, 2009. It's been through the mill since and much changed. Also, the only option the House has now is to pass (or 'deem' it to have passed) the Senate bill, and then amend it. Which it appears they do not have the votes to do as of Thursday night.

The 'deem' method is unconstitutional. Bills must be "passed" by both houses.

U.S. Constitution

Article 1

Section 7.

All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills.

Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a law, be presented to the President of the United States; if he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the bill, it shall be sent, together with the objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a law. But in all such cases the votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and nays, and the names of the persons voting for and against the bill shall be entered on the journal of each House respectively. If any bill shall not be returned by the President within ten days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the same shall be a law, in like manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their adjournment prevent its return, in which case it shall not be a law.

Every order, resolution, or vote to which the concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the same shall take effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the rules and limitations prescribed in the case of a bill.

While I'm no speed reader, I can go through a Tom Clancy novel in about three days. The current bill is almost 50% longer than a Clancy novel. This promise of "It will be on the internet for three days before it is voted on" becomes a moot point when you consider facts such as this.

The short answer? No. I haven't read it. I do not plan on reading it. I no longer have any belief in my government looking out for my best interests. I do however, believe in them looking out for their best interests, their bank accounts, their friends supporters and lobbyist buddies welfare, but oh no, not mine.

I would say I lost faith in them, but that would give them the benefit of allowing them to think anyone is foolish enough to even indirectly refer to them as God(s).

Yes

I will read it after it passes on Sunday.

its more than 2,000 or so pages, or you?

no