Mary asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

Does anyone know what the added scenes are in X-men 1.5?

I just the DVD X-men 1.5. I have the version that is not 1.5 and they seem like the same movie to me. The first time I ever saw the movie it was 1.5 and there were added scenes. I didn't know that until I bought all three of them as a trilogy when the third one came out on DVD. But it's been so long since I saw 1.5 I don't remember that the deleted scenes are. So could somebody please tell me any of the deleted scenes they know of so I know what to look for? The one I have runs about an hour and 34 minutes if that helps anyone.

Also when I go to "special features" there an option "Enhanced viewing mode." I click on that and then it says "with this feature activated, 6 deleted scenes will branch automatically throughout the film whenever you see this symbol ø (a circle with a line though it)." So I hit the "on" and when I go back to the movie it's that same as before.

If anyone can find a clip of a deleted scenes that would be great. I've been looking on the internet for about a half an hour now with no luck.

Thanks in advance!!

• Jimmy
    Favorite Answer

The DVD I have is "X-Men 1.5", but I haven't played it in a while. Doing some research on the Internet, it looks like the "X-Men 1.5" DVD is different from the regular version mainly because of the bonus features on Disc 2 and the audio commentary. The movie itself is not an extended cut, but it does come with the same "Enhanced Viewing Mode" of the other version. In this mode, 6 deleted or extended scenes are placed within the film. According to online DVD reviews, these scenes are minor, but stick out on widescreen TVs because they are not anamorphic. Furthermore, the 6 deleted scenes are included on the regular DVD in a separate "deleted scenes" section to watch individually, but they are only available on "X-Men 1.5" via the "Enhanced Viewing Mode".

So if you have the regular DVD, the deleted scenes should be accessible from some special features menu. Allegedly these are the same scenes added into the "Enhanced Viewing Mode".

I believe some of the extra footage has to do with Rogue's storyline, although I don't know specifically. One website said that the scenes either deal with Rogue & Bobby or with the Wolverine/Jean/Cyclops love triangle.

From http://www.dvdmg.com/xmen15.shtml :

"Six times during the film, it automatically branches off for extended/deleted scenes. All of these relate to either the relationship between Rogue and the boy she meets in class or to the triangle between Jean, Cyclops and Wolverine. Most offer extensions of existing segments, which means that we often see these longer pieces and then watch the same material again when the full film resumes. None of them seem crucial, but I all of them appear fairly interesting in the ways the round out the characters.

The scenes last between 21 seconds and three minutes, 13 seconds, for a total of 10 minutes and 39 seconds of footage. Four of the added bits appear between the 27:15 and 38:19 marks of the movie; these were the longest segments of the bunch as well. The two shortest sequences can be found at 49:45 and 1:09:17."

And from http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/xmen1point5.php :

"In this mode, six deleted scenes have been "inserted" back into the film. First, these are the exact same six deleted scenes from the first release. Second, the scenes are not really put into the film. When you approach the spot, you are taken out of the movie and shown the clip. After it's played, you go back into the film where you left off. Third, in this mode, you have to watch the deleted scenes."

Also, in the "Enhanced Viewing Mode" are behind-the-scenes featurettes. During the movie, the ø symbols will appear and if you hit "Enter" on your remote, it should take you to the behind-the-scenes stuff and then bring you back to the movie.

So, in conclusion, "X-Men 1.5" doesn't offer anything in the way of deleted scenes that aren't also on the regular DVD. And on the regular DVD the scenes can be accessed separately through the menus or integrated into the film in the "Enhanced Viewing Mode" (the only way they appear on "X-Men 1.5"). The only thing special about "X-Men 1.5" is the behind-the-scenes features, particularly on Disc 2. Disc 1 contains the theatrical version of the film, along with the optional "Enhanced" mode.

I hope that helps, although I don't know the specific deleted scenes. All of this research has made me want to check out my own DVD. I think I'll pop in "X-Men" sometime this week...

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I just the DVD X-men 1.5. I have the version that is not 1.5 and they seem like the same movie to me. The first time I ever saw the movie it was 1.5 and there were added scenes. I didn't know that until I bought all three of them as a trilogy when the third one came out on DVD. But it's...

Source(s): added scenes men 1 5: https://bitly.im/Z3Rv5

I think HHH is more Experienced and Faster than Samoa Joe. Match1 - Holybell and ? w/Cameron Hart and Ms Candylicious. Match2 - Hardcore Icon and Nigey Mcbonez. Match3 - Justin Windgate. Match4 - I A Meen and Richard Kingston w/Ted Dibiase Jr and Charlie Scene. Match5 - The Funking Punk. Match6 - Charlie Scene. Match7 - Dark Demon. Match8 - 1 vote for Each. Ultimate Underdog Battle Royal : Jack Hunter.

• hinch

X Men 1.5

• schwan

Xmen 1.5