Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How EXTREME are you when it comes to the rights of animals?

Fur?

Factory Farming?

Procter & Gamble...product testing..all companys?

Puppy Mills/BYBers?

Zoos?

Research for medicinal uses?

Hunting for food?

Hunting for trophie sport?

Domestic animal abuse..such as dog fighting/neglect?

Vegan?

Vegetarian?

Vegan Dog/Cat food?

Liberating lab animals?

Just trying to get a feeling for the people in this section......

Favorite Answer

Fur? ..........HATE IT!!! ...The fur trade is cruel and brutal and people who wear fur are nothing more then materialistic fukc's! (exception to Inuits)..Americans who wear fur are horrible people and I will start an argument w/a fur wearer..old ladys not apply.

Factory Farming?..............HATE IT!! ...Factory Farming IS mass murder. Poor animals raised to be slaughtered. There are numerous account of people killing animals incorrectly (smashing cinder blocks on their head, bashing them with poles, stomping on them, inncorectly using the bolt gun) How cruel to be a supporter of factory farms, animals HAVE feeling and can Feel the pain and suffering!

Procter & Gamble...product testing..all company's?....I NEVER buy P&G...and I try to only buy products that contain NO animal products or tested on animals. Its not that hard these days to find compassionate products.

Puppy Mills/BYBers?..........I HATE them including MARSHAL FARM Ferret Mills!! While BYB's are different in some ways, most only breed to line their pockets. (While I HATE Marshal Farm Ferret Mill, I will NEVER buy a ferret from them (petstore) but I won't turn down ANY ferret in need when I rescue one.)

Zoos?....so-so....Many Zoo's are good to their animals, and give them mental and physical stimulation..some Zoo's DO need to wake up and update their facilities.

Research for medicinal uses?....Unnecessary, as there are alternative ways with more accurate results in testing drugs. Many co. don't want to stop testing on animals because they get funding..and no company wants to stop money from coming in. There are numerous test results thats kill rats and are safe for humans and vise versa. Look at all the drug recalls, if animal testing proved anything, then why so many recalls?

*add** I am speaking as in 2010..not as a past tense, where the only option was to test on animals. Now a days...there are better testing procedures that don't require animals as the subject, with a better/more accurate results.

Hunting for food? ......Hunting not only benefits the wild areas through hunting licenses, it yeilds the over population of certian animals (deers) since man eradicated their natural preditor. If your going to eat meat, then hunt because the animal lived a free life unlike the cruel factory farms.

Hunting for trophie sport?.........HATE IT!!....If your going to hunt then eat the animal don't display it's carcass on the floor or wall as a status symbol. Rude,Crude and disgusting!

Domestic animal abuse..such as dog fighting/neglect?.... HATE IT!!...eye for an eye on animal cruelty!!

Vegan?....GO FOR IT... its the "greener" way to live & saves the planet!

Vegetarian?....YES, I AM!!... and YOU can Too! Only Organic/free range dairy and eggs!

Vegan Dog/Cat food?.......Ok, while I am a vegetarian my dogs, cats, ferrets and Skunk are NOT! Its just wrong to force a vegetarian lifestyle on animals that NEED meat. While I DO HATE factory farms, I ONLY buy meat from local farmers who raise their animals in pastures w/out hormones/drugs...

Liberating lab animals?.........YEA....free the animals...I'd take a few rabbits w/missing ears and eyes, and a beagle that was never felt the love and warmth of a compassionate human.

You...forgot....about...CIRCUS's......

I HATE the CIRCUS.....The abuse animals receive in circus's goes beyond the brutal training, animals are shipped year around as unimportant cargo. Elephants legs chained so they can not move or laydown, baby ele's pulled away from their mother at such young ages, disease ..such as tuberculous, go untreated and ele's that have tested positive are breathing on humans..CRUEL and I HATE CIRCUS!!

HATE CIRCUS's!!! I HATE THEM!!!

Its an ignorant society that still believe that circus's are family entertainment where the animals preform difficult and humiliating tricks for a grape or carrot.

I'm about 80-85% Extremest......all in a days work!

Source(s): In Defense of Animals....Learn the Truth!! www.idausa.org

Fur? Against

Factory Farming? Against

Procter & Gamble...product testing..all companys? I've never heard of this before, I've just researched and from what I can see - against.

Puppy Mills/BYBers? Against

Zoos? For - most of the Zoo's look after their animals.

Research for medicinal uses? For, like some other have said it's a necessary evil.

Hunting for food? For.

Hunting for trophie sport? Against.

Domestic animal abuse..such as dog fighting/neglect?Against!

Vegan? I'm not a vegan and never could be.

Vegetarian? ^ ^ ^

Vegan Dog/Cat food? Ridiculous imo.

Liberating lab animals? Against.

• 12345

Fur - I don't wear it and never would. But I am not going to attack someone for wearing it.

It also depends on where it came from, for example, if it was an animal that was hunted, the meat was consumed and the hide kept and used, fine.

Factory farming - I honestly do not know enough about it to form an opinion

Product testing - it depends on the situation

Puppy mills - very much against. I am against BYBs but I don't feel all are in the same league as Puppymills (some are)

Zoos - a little on the fence. Again, circumstances. Animals that cannot survive in the wild or restoring a species, fine. Capturing a wild animals so people can take pictures of it, wrong.

Research for medicinal uses - fine

Hunting for food - fine

Hunting for trophy sport - against

Domestic animal abuse - against

Vegan - nope. I would like to be, simply because there are health benefits. It is also a "greener" diet, but I just can't do it.

Vegetarian - same as above

Vegan dog and cat food - absolutely against. Whether you believe dogs are carnivores or ominvores (there is a great debate), meat is the primary staple in their diet. They NEED it. Cats are strictly carnivores. Even if you don't believe in eating meat, it should not be forced on a dog/cat. Your beliefs don't override nature.

Liberating lab animals - not achieving anything.

Fur? Against but I am not going to throw blood or paint on someone, there is a fur coat in my parents closet, I know it is there, I don't like it so I am not going to where it, but I am not going to do anything to it

Factory Farming? Against

Procter & Gamble...product testing..all companys? On the fence

Puppy Mills/BYBers? Against completely

Zoos? For, without zoos we would not have pandas and we would not have many other wild animals.

Research for medicinal uses? On the fence, there have been some good, but then again we may have never gotten penicillin because of animal testing.

Hunting for food? For I don't mind if everything of the animal is used, and neither do my vegan and vegetarian friends

Hunting for trophie sport? Against

Domestic animal abuse..such as dog fighting/neglect? Against all animal abuse

Vegan? Not a vegan, never will be

Vegetarian? Not a vegetarian, never will be

Vegan Dog/Cat food? Against, they need meat, a cat can not survive on a veggie diet, it is cruel to force our beliefs on animals

Liberating lab animals? Against, it backfires 9 times out of 10.

Source(s): I am for animal WELFARE, not rights.
  • Fur?

Don't like, don't need it.

Factory Farming?

Don't contribute to it. What happened to family farms?

No reason for animal testing for cosmetics, but life saving medications are worth the animals.

Puppy Mills/BYBers?

Disgusting.

Zoos?

Don't mind them, but I can't stand circuses.

Research for medicinal uses?

Should be done.

Hunting for food?

Perfectly fine if it's in season and humane.

Hunting for trophie sport?

Don't like it.

Disgusting.

Vegan?

Nope.

Vegetarian?

Yes, of 3 years.

Vegan Dog/Cat food?

No, I feed a prey model raw diet.

Liberating lab animals?

Too extreme.

• Calvin

Great question!

Fur? OK when done humanely....I personally don't really like fur a lot, it simply feels...odd, I don't like the texture, etc.

Factory Farming? Eh.....I suppose not, I'm not to edcated on this topic and prefer to not make a fool of myself.

Procter & Gamble...product testing..all companys? Not too educated, don't want to make a fool of myself.

Puppy Mills/BYBers? Screw them all, please. :P Against.

Zoos? For, as long as they treat the animals nicely, put them in proper environments, give them work for their brains, etc etc.

Research for medicinal uses? If treated humanely, why not?

Hunting for food? For, as long as it is humanely.

Hunting for trophie sport? Meh, not really.

Domestic animal abuse..such as dog fighting/neglect? Against %100

Vegan? No, goodness no, never will be(unless medical reasons make me....if that's possible).

Vegetarian? Nope, and probably will not be.

Vegan Dog/Cat food? Absolutely RIDICULOUS. Bad for the dog/cat/carnivore, the only good thing is that the owner will feel better about "not killing animals".Beh!

Liberating lab animals? If they're kept in good conditions, why should they be liberated? Who would adopt them all?

BTW, BIG difference between animal rights and animal welfare

Animal Rights = not using animals for anything, whether it be food, pets, clothes, etc.

Animal Welfare = making sure the animal isn't abused, etc.

Fur?

Don't agree with it. But if the animal is going to be used for other things, then I guess its not all that bad. But I definitely don't agree with it for endangered animals.

Factory Farming?

Pretty disgusting.

Procter & Gamble...product testing..all company's?

I disagree with it. But its really hard to not get these products somewhere in your house.

Puppy Mills/BYBers?

Against!! Make me extremely mad.

Zoos?

Not the best. But they are helping conserve many animal species.

Research for medicinal uses?

It's not the worst. But not the best.

Hunting for food?

I think its pretty fair.

Hunting for trophie sport?

Doesn't really make sense to me.

Very much against!

Vegan?

No.

Vegetarian?

Yes.

Vegan Dog/Cat food?

I don't think that it would be the healthiest choice for dogs and cats.

Liberating lab animals?

Should be done.

Fur= Cruel. I avoid real fur at all costs. However, I see wool differently (like angora wool for example).

Factory Farming= Not so much.

Procter & Gamble...product testing..all companys= When it comes to cosmetics I boycot.

Puppy Mills/BYBers= Try and create awareness of the cruelty.

Zoos= Depends on the quality. I don't visit them often, if at all.

Research for medicinal uses= I view it as a necessary evil

Hunting for food= I'm fine with it.

Hunting for trophie sport= Well... don't overkill it (pun intended) and I'm fine with it.

Domestic animal abuse..such as dog fighting/neglect= Horrible. Just horrible.

Vegan= Go ahead with it, it's your choice...

Vegetarian= See "vegan" :P

Vegan Dog/Cat food= Dogs and cats were born to eat meat, and they require it in their diet.

Liberating lab animals= Sure, but there's a large chance they'll develop health issues when suddenly exposed to a large amount of sudden bacteria in the environnement.

• ?

Fur? For, if obtained humanely.

Factory Farming? For, if done humanely.

Procter & Gamble...product testing..all companys? Depends on the type of testing.

Puppy Mills/BYBers? Against.

Zoos? For-except zoos owned and run illegally that do not take care of their animals.

Research for medicinal uses? For.

Hunting for food? For.

Hunting for trophie sport? If it's only for sport, against. If it's also for fur and/or meat, for.

Domestic animal abuse..such as dog fighting/neglect? Totally against.

Vegan? Not against, as I believe diet is a personal choice, but I don't think it's healthy.

Vegetarian? Not against, although it can be healthy, but there's not enough valid justification for it, even health isn't a strong argument-just like with everything else that is good, meat is best in moderation, and meat eaters who eat meat in moderation (especially fried and heavily salted meat) can live long, healthy lives just like vegetarians claim to do.

Vegan Dog/Cat food? Totally against.

Liberating lab animals? Depends on what they're being used for and how they're being treated.

Fur? Think about it, it's not that dissimilar to wearing leather, and I have a pair of leather boots. I never know what to say to that. Of course, I am not FOR the fur trade, but I feel a bit of a hypocrite if I say that. Also, it depends where the fur is from. It's a bit different if the animal was killed for meat in the first place rather than JUST killed for its fur.

Factory farming? Don't know enough about it.

Puppy farms and BYBs? Puppy farms are disgusting. No tolorance whatsoever. BYBs do tend to care about their own dogs to an extent (which, IMO, makes them different from puppy farms) so I don't have such a huge issue with them, although I am certainly not for BYBing.

Zoos? Conflicted on this one. Whilst a zoo is not a wild animal's natural habitat, they have vets on call and do not have to worry about being hunted or poached or whatever. They're a lot less cruel than they used to be. I can see both sides to this. Lots of zoos also do work in saving endangered species, etc., which is obviously a good thing.

Research for medicinal uses? Again, conflicted. Can see both points of view.

Hunting for food? Fine, as long as the animal is killed as quickly as possible. In places like the arctic, reindeer meat, is often the only food locals can get. What do you expect them to do, starve? Move away? They also use every part of the raindeer (bones, fur, etc). I have no problem with that.

Hunting as a trophy sport? Wrong. I can see why people do it (tradition, etc), but I still feel it's wrong. It IS very different to other animal's killing... they don't need a darn trophy to prove how amazing they are for killing an animal for entertainment purposes.

Domestic animal abuse? DISGUSTING. NO TOLORANCE WHATSOEVER.

Vegan and vegetarian? Each to their own. Vegans and veggies are not hurting anyone. As long as they don't preach, whatever. I don't think it's unhealthy particularly, even veganism (though it takes a lot of work getting it right), and I do think vegans and veggies, vegans especially, are very dedicated people.

Vegan dog/cat food? Wrong on all accounts. As the owner, it is up to you to give your animal what it needs to be healthy and non-meat products are not healthy for a dog (or a cat). They are not natural. Nature is cruel, get used to it, but it's much crueller to force a dog to be ill due to you selfishly throwing your beliefs on them.

Liberating lab animals? I honestly have never thought about it.

• YODEL

Fur?- I don't wear it but I'm not actively anti-fur.

Factory Farming?- The AR groups have overblown the issue IMO. I've been around the food production industry & food agriculture in general, for about 7 years now, and have never encountered anything the AR groups moan about. I've been to numerous chicken farms, three egg farms, one HUGE feedlot, been to every major-corporation meat processing plant in the US, been on the kill floor. Not glamorous but not the rampant cruelty you'll see in PETA videos; people ought to go see the truth instead of just believing everything they hear.

Procter & Gamble...product testing..all companys?- These days it's virtually impossible to find something that doesn't contain at least one chemical that was not, at some point, tested on an animal. Unless you're willing to pay $20 for some fancy-schmancy herbal organic crap at some all-vegan fair-trade health food co-op. I live in rural South Dakota, want to guess how many places sell that kind of stuff around here? Frankly, I've got better things to worry about.

Puppy Mills/BYBers?- Against it, strongly....but at the same time I think the AR groups are working at gradually blurring the definitions of a mill/BYB and a responsible breeder. Every year they get a little louder with their "end ALL breeding" rant. How much longer before anybody with a litter of pups is labeled a puppymill?

Zoos?- I don't do the zoo much, plenty of wildlife in my backyard. There are decent ones, seen awful ones. Don't like wild animals in tiny enclosures. Don't like to see lions, tigers & bears (oh my!) pacing mindlessly and obsessively. Don't mind zoos with a more natural "preserve" type setting or at least large open areas for each animal.

Research for medicinal uses?- Don't have a problem with it at all.

Hunting for food?- I do it myself & strongly support it, though I believe there is a certain set of responsibilities to follow in order to be ethical about it (clean kill, don't overhunt one area, etc).

Hunting for trophie sport?- I'm not into it in the slightest, but it doesn't bug me THAT much if others are. Canned hunts....those DO bother me, but trophy hunting wild game? Meh, not my thing, to each his own.

Domestic animal abuse..such as dog fighting/neglect?- Against it, hard for anyone to find any reason to justify it IMO....even dog fighters can't come up with good excuses half the time.

Vegan?- Eat whatever the heck ya want. I'll respect anybody's choices, as long as they don't force their opinions on me.

Vegetarian?- See above.

Vegan Dog/Cat food?- Ridiculous and absurd, unless the dog has a confirmed, legitimate allergy to meat/animal protein. Why force a human being's morals onto an animal with different biological needs than a human being?

Liberating lab animals?- Dumb idea, virtually any domestic animal, especially one that's been caged, poked & prodded its whole life, is going to promptly succumb to the elements & die a horrible, lingering death if "liberated" into the "wild".