Why do I have an essential tremor? I'm only thirteen?

My whole body shakes. All of it. I am currently going to a doctor and taking medication but I still shake and twitch. It keeps me up at night because I can't stay still and it annoys me. People will ask me if I'm scared of what's wrong all the time. When I explain, they just give me that damn sympathetic look and say things like "Oh..." "Aww... That sucks." "Oh my god" or, my favorite, "Oh poor baby."

I'm sick of it! I want it to go away!

I have had depression since fourth grade, have had a history of cutting, diagnosed with ADHD, am quick to anger, paranoid about everyting and have a hard time trusting people, and am very self concious. I want to be myself but I'm scared about how others will react so hide behind a shy, eager-to-please, innocent teen. Inside I'm a slightly sadistic girl who loves to play pranks and thinks schadenfreude is fun.

Help?

Favorite Answer

Stress and caffeine can make tremors worse. Avoid caffeinated drinks such as coffee, tea, and soda, and other stimulants. Exercise and counseling to reduce emotional stress may also help.

i think you should try to find a outlet to put stress into. Do you play sports? try one if you dont. or a hobby that relieves stress.

• Lisa A

Have you had a second or third opinion? From a competent doctor? Are you SURE it's essential tremor? And not a hyperthyroid tremor and something with the adrenals?