Need help with AntiViruses on my Laptop! 10 POINTS!!!!?
Laptop: Compag Presaria CQ60
Question: Today, this Vista AntiMalware appeared and it's blocking every single antivirus I have. It only scans and counts threats but it doesn't clear them EXCEPT by paying. I have 30 Infections found and I need to clear them up so got any suggestions? I looked through every button in this AntiMalware virus but I couldn't find what I need! :(( Please help!
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
It looks like you have some type of serious virus. I'm a computer technician who does a fair amout of software repair.
1. Run rKill to terminate virus & spyware processes. Most viruses these days can detect that you're trying to install AntiSpyware programs and prevent you from installing them. The only way to install anitispyware programs is to first run Rkill. Rkill is a small piece of freeware that's designed to terminate active malware processes, which in turns allows you to install programs. Just you be sure you probably want to download Rkill from here and run it. rKill will run in the background (takes about 5 minutes), stop all bad processes, and clear to you to proceed to step 2.
2. Install & Run Malwarebytes. In my opinion Malwarebytes is one of the best free Antispyware programs out there. Download the free version, install it, let it download updates, click Full System Scan (takes about 1 hour), and click Remove Infections. Run the program again and click remove infections just for good measure. If the program doesn't seem to install your virus is blocking it. Try renaming the installation file to another file name. http://www.malwarebytes.org/
3. Next run Spybot Search and Destroy. It's also free, download it here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/… , install, click search for updates, download updates, click search for problems. This scan will take about 1 hour, click remove problems when it's done.
http://www.buyapc.org/ - Laptop & Desktop recommendations
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Try defragmenting lokal diskc it will clear everything but will erase some personal files.
Get a flash drive and put your important files on it so they are not infected and gone.
- kacvinskyLv 43 years ago
whatever in that fee variety may have Vista Home Basic, until its refurbished, and believe me it's going to be an overly low finish pc a good way to be sluggish and nugatory for so much the whole lot
- 1 decade ago
If you have several anti-virus programs they will all think that the other is getting rid of viruses so you should use only one then it should work.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
READ HERE http://4everythingyouneed.webs.com/removefakeantiv... and follw step by step how remove it