how can I find out if someone is who they say they are?

who or where do I find out if someone who claims to be a bank officer for Bank of America NA really is a bank officer?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

They aren't. You're welcome.

• Dan B
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

They are not a bank officer. They are trying to get your account information so they can drain your account. Initial contact is ALWAYS by mail, not an unsolicited phone call. Get their name, phone number, branch and department. I'll almost guarantee that they will hang up before you even finish your question. If they give you a number to call back, write it down but don't use it. You may need it for a police report. Instead, look up the bank's phone number in the phone book and call to verify the caller's ID.

• R J
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

That you suspect s/he is not is probably good enough...trust your instincts. I assume that you're dealing over the telephone and/or internet which is another big clue.

If you must check, ask for their call back number and branch location. Verify through the phone book that a branch exits at the location and that the number matches to at least the area code and number prefix. Call the branch manager at the general number you found IN THE PHONE BOOK and verify. RJ

• 10 years ago

Doing a simple google search of the persons name is a REALLY great place to start. I would even try facebook.

Once you do that, double check it by calling BOA itself. You should have no trouble finding the department they work out, and you can call it and simply ask to speak to them. Just call a BOA operator, and they should be able to help you with this.

I can't stress enough the final action, since if you are talking banking and this person is lying you have a lot to loose. Good luck!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Call bank of america. They have a list of all their employees. Just get their name and ask them what branch they work at. Then call that branch with a number that you have found and ask.

• 10 years ago

Do a background search on Intellius.com. Or google it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.