? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

How can I go back to windows 7 starter?

I used to have windows 7 premium, and I just want to go back to windows 7 starter, can someone please explain to me the process to do so.Thanks!!

Favorite Answer

Once installed, Windows 7 won’t allow you to downgrade from Windows 7 expensive editions to cheap and basic ones. There is a strict hierarchy which goes like this: Starter … Home Basic … Home Premium … Professional … Ultimate. For example, if you have Windows 7 Ultimate you won’t be able to downgrade to Windows 7 Premium or Basic and, of course, you can not upgrade from low editions to high ones. The downgrade restriction lock has been put by Microsoft to prevent people from messing with tricky and difficult procedures. But, here is a “simple” hack which allows you to embed the downgrade procedure in Windows 7.

1.Click Start.

2.In the Search Box, type regedit and press Enter.

3.Navigate to this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Microsoft\ Windows NT\CurrentVersion

4.In the right pane, click EditionID and ProductName and give them the value which corresponds to a lower Windows 7 edition. Here is an example:

Windows 7 Home Premium (downgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Home Premium)

EditionID: HomePremium

ProductName: Windows 7 HomePremium

5.Start your Windows 7 installation by inserting your Windows 7 Disc.

6.Now, Select Upgrade as type of installation. Follow the instruction on the screen.

7.Reactivate your operating system.

For More Information and help related to windows 7 issues http://windows7.iyogi.net

oggus com will help you to this problem. you can contact them by email first with your detailed questions. they are very warmful.

i solved my problem there before.