What are some fun things to do in London?

I'm going to London tomorrow, I'll be there for 3 days. I've never been before and I'm really excited, but I need some suggestions on things to do, like sightseeing, shopping, restaurants, etc. I'm a 17 year old girl and I'll be with my dad, so I'm looking for things to do that both of us can enjoy, preferably on the less expensive side. I've heard Madame Tussaud's wax museum is something worth seeing, so fun things like that. Any suggestions for must-see places, nice parks, shops.. any help is appreciated, thanks =)

Favorite Answer

i don't live in London, i live in Scotland but i went last May

I went to on the London eye which was amazing...it's £17 per person though so may be a tad expensive(but it is worth it) but go on a nice day! lol

You can also try the London buys tours which go past all the major attractions, it's £20 a ticket but you also get a Thames cruise for free as well which is always worth going on and you can hop on and off the buses all day and see everything you want plus they have open top buses that will give you commentary on the sights http://www.theoriginaltour.com/

Check out the national gallery and the Tate gallery, the National history museum http://www.nhm.ac.uk/ that's an awesome museum, it even has an earthquake simulator!

This site will give you a list of other attractions:http://www.londononline.co.uk/Sights/

I really hope you and your dad enjoy your stay in London! :)

Take the City Boat Cruise to Greenwich from London.. Nice boating through Thames, a glimpse of London history and a nice day out at Greenwich.. Get tickets from the City Cruise office near the Big Ben. Get in to the boat Enjoy the ride to Greenwich (45 min) See the observatory, Greenwich Market (2 hrs) Spend some time in Greenwich (2 hrs) Take the boat ride back to London (45 min)

I used to like closing my eyes and seeing for how many seconds I could walk along the pavement without losing my nerve. There's a wide pavement opposite Aldgate East tube which is good for this.

I don't do that so often these days.

I like to watch bands play live. There are often good bands on at The Buffalo Bar beside Highbury and Islington tube or upstairs at The Old Blue Last (a place that is nice to visit, although a bit too trendy these days with lots of good restaurants and bars).

I like the Sir John Soane museum behind Holborn tube. It's small but it's full of fascinating objects.

I live in London.

Go on the London eye.

Madame Tussauds and the London Dungeons.

Shopping at the west end.

Check out a West End Musical.

Hyde Park.

Sorry to break it to you, but doing things in London is expensive.

The London women..

I won't spoil your high expectations.

Have a nice day ;)