Poker (NL Hold 'Em) - Intermediate Advice?

I've gone through about 3 poker books (including Super System) and I think I've gotten pretty good at the low limit tables. I've done about 8 tournaments recently and placed in the top 3 about 7 of those times and the last one was just a bad beat. I want to get better but I think I'll stick to... show more I've gone through about 3 poker books (including Super System) and I think I've gotten pretty good at the low limit tables. I've done about 8 tournaments recently and placed in the top 3 about 7 of those times and the last one was just a bad beat.

I want to get better but I think I'll stick to the low limit tables for a while and get a steady bankroll going. I feel like I could be better but don't quite know how. I think I might need a brush up on some mathematical things so I can utilize them at the table. As it stands now, I pretty much play off other players and try to play tighter in the low brackets since most people play loose and aggressive.

Does anybody have some tips to get me to the next plateau? I don't really know how I can learn to calculate odds or anything like that. It seems like a great way to increase my winnings but I don't know where to start.

Can anyone help?