Can static electricity hurt my baby?

I get static shocks in my office and when I get out of the car everyday. Yesterday I got a huge one getting out of my car. i am pregnant, Does a static shock reach the baby? Could this possibly hurt the baby?

Favorite Answer

Receiving an electric shock from getting out of your vehicle is not large enough to cause harm. A static shock has just enough juice for you to feel it. A static shock is actually thousands of volts. But the current is extreamly low. Your skin has a lot of resistance to a static shock. Your baby may feel a little tingle but it won't be enough to hurt him or her. I would ask your doctor to be sure. You would be surprised how many times you get during the zapped and don't feel it. Pregnant woman experience electric shocks all the time. You would have to actually touch an electrical wire for it cause any harm. This is a question for your doctor. They probably get asked this all the time.

• delk

no. you are uncovered to average electrical currents all day. Static electrical power is simply side of it. Being electrocuted, or mostly uncovered to top volumes of static electrical power could be distinct.