green for st. patricks day?

do you wear green for st. patricks day?

• Steven
    Best Answer

Yep - Green sweater.

Wearing green is strictly a U.S. custom, as the color green is not popular in Ireland. Green is connected to the old green flag and a time when Ireland was not free. Green is also a color connected with hope and nature.

Green if you want, but if you are Irish or have Irish heritage green is unlucky!!!

Source(s): Myself, Irish Heritage

Green eggs and ham come to mind: green deviled eggs, mini ham sliders on Hawaiian rolls that have been colored green. Split pea and ham soup Corned beef and cabbage rollups Spinach flavored tortilla wraps filled with turkey, cheese, lettuce etc. Spanakopita Lettuce wraps filled with chicken salad

While in the here in the U.S., not wearing green on March 17 is likely to get you pinched; in Ireland, wearing green is likely to get you kidnapped by a faery, according to Irish lore. The color is considered unlucky in the country and folklore holds that it's the favorite color of the faeries, according to the Irish Culture and Customs Web site by Bridget Haggerty. The faeries are likely to steal anyone, especially children, who wear too much of the color.

I always wear green! I have a dragonfly tattoo and its green! LOL

• Yes i wore a green jumper today.

Nope. I'm Irish and we don't really do that whole "Must wear green thing" over here.

I just wear my big beautiful, sexy green eyes, everywhere I go. People seem to leave me alone when they see them.

I will wear my green cowgirl hat tomorrow ... enjoy yr day there ..Sláinte

Source(s): Irish

Dont have any green...and i work in an office...Im gonna get pinched to high hell!!