What kind of cordless drill should I buy?

I'd like to spend as little as I can get away with, obviously, but I'm willing to spend as much as I need to. I'm looking for something that I can use for everyday-around-the-house tasks like hanging curtain rods and blinds, paintings and basic repairs like if a cabinet door or something needs to be... show more I'd like to spend as little as I can get away with, obviously, but I'm willing to spend as much as I need to. I'm looking for something that I can use for everyday-around-the-house tasks like hanging curtain rods and blinds, paintings and basic repairs like if a cabinet door or something needs to be fixed but I also want something heavy-duty enough that I can do larger projects like building a deck or a picnic table.

I understand Makita is a great brand but I also see a lot of Dewault drills around too.

What kind of torque do I need? Should it be 3/8"? What about voltage? 18 volts?