Poll: How often did you slack off in high school senior year and how bad was it? Please answer!?

How much did you slack off in school senior year and how bad at procrastinating and all that were you? How did your future end up?

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't say that I slacked. More like I was into a variety of other things, including Band and my hobby of Electronics at the time. I did wait until the last few days for many of my papers and projects, but still turned in a decent product. I NEVER skipped school. School was fun, and besides, Julie was there. A lot of my respect came from being one of the smarter kids.

I was accepted into a top-tier school, possibly with the help of affirmative action, but hopefully my record had something to do with it. College was hard work.

There was a recession when I graduated, so on a relative basis, there were fewer job offers. I got a lot of interviews, and 6 job offers. I took the one with the lowest salary, and best environment. I'm still working at the same place. It's changed in all those years, but it beats unemployment.

I married late - I was 31. My income was sufficient to allow for my wife to stay home and take care of the kids, although she does work today.

We basically have no debts at this time, except credit cards which we pay off completely on each bill.

We get a lot of stuff used. For example, we have never owned a new car - we always have saved up in advance, then gotten a used one. Computers and stuff we've gotten from craigslist.

While we're not so rich that we can just travel on whim, we manage to do an interesting trip every 5 years or so. This summer, my son and I will be bicycling from North Dakota to Maine.

We all slacked off all day of every day. I never studied until the night before a test/exam during my senior year of high school (which was only like 3 years ago). I also never did reports or term papers until the night before as well, always managed to get at least a "B" on those papers. Only class I had a problem with was Chem and Physics, you know, the classes I have NEVER and will NEVER use.

Source(s): Me cuz I rock

I slacked off quite a bit in highschool, but usually got all the work done. I also skipped school once in awhile when the class was useless or whatever. I wasn't horrible at procrastinating, I always got my work done. And now I'm starting my 2nd year in University, so I dont think I turned out that bad :). I just tried to have as much fun as possible in my final year

I slacked off in my electives (A.V.I.D. prep class and Art) to direct my focus on my more important classes like History and English. I'll be honest, I procrastinated alot throughout high school, but I passed all of my classes throughout the 4 years span. I don't suggest for you to do this, You have to work at your own pace and do all of your work. Study hard and pass your tests and you will be fine.

My Schedule:

1. A.V.I.D 12

2. Health & Safety

3. Digital Imaging

4. English 12

Lunch

5. Art

6. Economics/Government

Over all my Senior was fairly easy, and I had a great year!

Source(s): Class of 2009
  • ?

Man, I can't even remember most of my senior year. Smoked alot, drank even more than I smoked, and even popped some pills occasionally. I was taking a Precal class to, not sure how I passed that one.

I graduated back in '06 and I'm currently attending a University as a Civil Engineering major. Got my pharmacy technician certification soon after graduating high school, and got an Associate of Arts in Music a couple year after.

I wouldn't recommend the music degree but I'm doing alright. Just try to drop the procrastination habits when you enter college because they can be lethal to your GPA.

Im a senior right now and i slack off more than ever. i took work release, so i only have 4 classes- journalism, adult roles, calligraphy 2, and AP psychology. I never have homework and i go to school from 750-1050 in the morning.

I have stright a's. Last semester, i had 8 classes and got stright a's, too. its SOOO easy to get good grades when you only have 4 classes. If you can take work release, DO. youll love it.

Slacking off hasnt affected my future at all.

I've so been there. I had insomnia my junior year of high school and it was not my best year. But, do know if you can find a way to bring up your grades it will help you get into a good college. I love the schools I went to for my Bachelor and Master degrees but I am now trying to go back to a school with a huge reputation because otherwise I know my career will be limited. It's hard to imagine how this will affect your future and see the consequences now but trust me if you can see your way to do just that you will be happier in the future.

I barely attended class my senior year (I graduated in '03). All I did was show up to meet friends, went to metal shop for a few periods then left with my friends to go out and smoke weed. I think I may have turned in 4 homework assignments that entire year and passed by the skin of my teeth. But now I have an excellent, well paying career, and beautiful fiancee and a place of my own. And I still get to smoke a few times a week.

Didn't slack off too often my senior, currently taking a year off before going to college

I skipped 33 days of my senior year, which was grade 13 at the time here in Ontario. I would spend the days driving around town in my pickup truck, listening to music, and driving to the beach on warm days. Then I started working nights at a factory, going to school in the morning. I required a 75% average to get into the university I wanted, so my history teacher gave me A's, even though I slept through most classes on account of working full time. I got into university for history and now I enjoy drinking vodka with that history teacher.