Orange marble/swirl cake recipe?

I'd like to make a white cake that has orange and/or yellow swirls or marbling when you cut into it.

I'd like a fruit flavour (lemon, orange, pineapple, peach, ANY orange or yellow fruit..) but would be happy with any cake as long as it's the right colours with the marbling effect.

It's for a wedding cake.

Please share your recipes with me if you have made a cake like this. Pictures would be appreciated too if you can find them!

Thanks folks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

To keep it simple, make your favorite vanilla or white cake and reserve about 1/3 or less, depends on how much marbling you want, of the batter and add which ever flavoring and color you want then dollop this flavored/colored batter on the top of the vanilla in the pans and swirl with a knife or straw or such then bake as usual. Enjoy!

• Clelia
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

ORANGE CRUSH POUND CAKE 1 cup butter, at room temperature 1/2 cup shortening 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar 5 eggs 1 cup Orange Crush or other carbonated orange drink 3 cups cake flour 1/2 tsp salt 1 tbsp Watkins Orange Extract 1 tsp Watkins Vanilla, Original Double Strength Icing Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease and flour a tube pan. Cream butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a second bowl, sift flour and salt together. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, alternately with orange drink. Add extracts. Pour batter into tube pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cake is golden brown. Cool cake in pan about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cake cool completely on wire rack. Frost cake with icing. NOTE: Some cooks prefer the softer crust of a pound cake baked in an oven that is not preheated. If oven is not preheated, the baking time may vary slightly. Icing 1/4 cup butter, softened 8oz cream cheese, softened 1 box confectioners' sugar 1 tsp Watkins Orange Extract Cream butter and cream cheese in mixer, gradually add sugar. Add flavoring and combine well.

• 10 years ago

I make marble cakes all the time. You can use white cake batter and any other light colored cake batter and dye it orange.

just layer the batters and swirl (just swirl a little bit...dont mix) and bake.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Kraft.ca

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.