Trouble with my HP G-series laptop monitor screen?

A couple of days ago, my screen completely blacked out. We called tech support who said it was a backlight problem (the computer still started up and if you shone a flashlight on the screen you could see the desktop). The next day it started right up and I could use it for a few hours. Then it blacked out... show more A couple of days ago, my screen completely blacked out. We called tech support who said it was a backlight problem (the computer still started up and if you shone a flashlight on the screen you could see the desktop).

The next day it started right up and I could use it for a few hours. Then it blacked out again. I called HP again and they said they would send us a shipping box for waranty work.

While waiting for the box, I've been plugging into another computer monitor to do my work, which works fine; however, occasionally, after plugging into another monitor I am able to disconnect my laptop from the other monitor and use for a few hours. But the second I close the laptop, the screen goes black and I need to hook into the monitor again.

Any ideas?
1 answer 1