Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Why would God say the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on earth? (Others, including the book itself...?

...have made such a claim. But what I'm asking, and what you may ignore, is why would God

say that it is the most correct book on earth and a man will get near to God by abiding its precepts than by any other book?

Some of you kids don't even know what a precept is. Dictionary.com.

• Eliza
    Best Answer

Because it has the most basic concepts of the gospel. Even if you had nothing else to go by, you would still get closer to God through the Book of Mormon than any other book, including the Bible.

The introduction says it is the "most correct book" not that it is perfect, or that we should ignore other books, or (heaven forbid) revelations from Jesus Christ. In fact to believe the book to be perfect would be to ignore many of the authors who plead with readers to forgive their weaknesses. Some major Mormon teachings are not missing from the book. You will find excessive references to baptism, temples, the character of God, etc. Changes to the Book are mostly grammatical and unlike the bible the original transcript (1830's printing) is still available for comparison. As far as the bible being edited, go to a Christian book store look at the excessive number of study bibles and tell me which bible hasn't been edited? The King James Version isn't the original, the Tyndale isn't the original, the Vulgate isn't the original, the Hebrew and Greek while being the oldest available to the Christian world are not contemporary with their original authors.

It IS the most correct book on earth.

No, I mean the bible is the most correct book on earth,

No, I mean the Koran is the most correct book on earth.

No I mean the Holy Scripture is the most correct book on earth.

Or, it could have something to do about what religious culture you were brought up in.

Just a thought.

i didn't hear it on any news channel, and i'm sure there has been no announcement in the last 180 years. let's seem some documents of your origin prior to the 1800s

I have a book that is about IP telephony and it is more correct and has more information than any books mentioned here.

they say this because it was put in a hill and supposidily no one touched it, what Mormons do not understand is, it was tranlated so long after jesus died or was suppose to have visited North America, it couldn't possibly be right!!!!

Because it was deciphered through a "seeing rock" in a hat. I don't know about you but that sounds pretty legit.;)

the word Mormon was listed in another book and when I looked up the spelling I realized that it was truly a typo,,,....the true word is MORON and is listed in many dictionaries for the rest of you who want a in depth definition...........

And it says, if I remember correctly, Jesus was crucified on a pole not cross.

• Ender

Perhaps it is!