Questions about the sex change (male to female)?

So my fiance is getting the sex change (we aren't romantic lovers or anything, we are just best friends who happen to be engaged) and he has been thinking about the sex change for a few years. He did all the research he could and he knows the risks of it all. He knows what he has to do in order to get to where... show more So my fiance is getting the sex change (we aren't romantic lovers or anything, we are just best friends who happen to be engaged) and he has been thinking about the sex change for a few years. He did all the research he could and he knows the risks of it all. He knows what he has to do in order to get to where he needs to be. However, some questions weren't answered. I was wondering if anyone knew the answers to these specific questions:

1. Will he get a new social security number after the surgery?
2. Will he have to go to another state to get the surgery done? (some say it's cheaper in Colorado)
3. Does he NEED health insurance? (I mean if health insurance wont pay for cosmetic surgery then why would he need it?)
4. How long will he be taking estrogen pills before the surgery?
5. Will he be taking other medications other than estrogen? If so, what kind? How long? How much?
6. What is the dosage amount of estrogen and/or other medications? He is five foot, seven inches tall and he weighs 130 lbs. (if that helps at all)
7. How long would the hospital stay be? (When will he officially be able to go back to work?)
8. How long will his recovery take after getting out of the hospital?
9. How long until he starts seeing results after taking the medication?
10. Should he get his name changed before or after his surgery?
11. Does he have the option to reproduce?
12. What are certain procedures and/or precautions he needs to take days prior to his surgery?
13. Does he need to quit smoking/drinking while taking medications or before his surgery? (Will smoking/drinking affect the medications?)
14. Will therapy last as long as he takes the meds?
15. When is the best time to plan the date for the surgery? (i.e. during therapy, after therapy)
16. Can he make a payment plan with a surgeon? (Or will the hospital want the money up front?)
17. How long after the surgery can he partake in sexual intercourse?

These are all of his questions and we looked them up online but most we couldn't find the answers. So if anyone knows ANY answers to any of these questions, please let me know and post a detailed response.
Thank you! =)
Update: If nobody read my question fully, I just said that I did a search on ALL HIS QUESTIONS. These are the ones I couldn't find an answer to. Please, people, READ before writing a response. THANK YOU