tips for what gym equipment to use?

I just signed up for a Gym Membership recently, and I want to do this in a healthy and effective way.

I want to totallllllllllllly firm up my stomach, chest, thighs, and butt.

I'd like to slim down my calves as well.

The gym I go to has just about evvvvvvery piece of equipment you could think of.

My goal is to have all of that accomplished by the time school gets out.

So finally, my questions are:

1) Which types of equipment should I use to accomplish that? (treadmills, bicycle machine, etc??)

2) What foods should I consume to help my weight/inches loss? What should I stay away from?

Thank you in advance.

Favorite Answer

Stomach - I love the ab benches and the "kings chair" (works lower abs and sides). also, look into their free classes for a 20-30 min. ab workout. I did this and not only did my abs look great, strengthened my core too!

Chest - There are many benching machines, each one works a different part of your chest muscles. There is an incline, decline, straight bench. I would try all of them and see which one give you the "look" you want.

Thighs - Leg extension machine is good and even lunges (which require no machine, are great for legs and butt). There are also the machines where you open and close your legs (I am forgetting the name of them, but that is the essence of what you do). Sorry. :)

Butt - Lunges, but squats are the way to go! You can either use the machine or do this on your own, or use a bar.

Calves - treadmill and toes lifts -.

As far as food - wow, I would say depending on build, probably lean meats(protein, fish & chicken), effective carbs (not potato chips), veggies and fruits. Stay hydrated. Lose soda.

Some people like NutriSystem for their food, because it is easy and already planned out while others talk to their trainers to help them decide on a good meal plan. I think you can't go wrong either way.

Use free weights , alot of bodybuilders and experienced people will say free weights are better then machines because you have to stabilize your core and focus on control, but if you want to exercise machines are fine :)

To get a toned sexy look use light weights and lots reps i.e. 3x20 (instead of the usual 4x12 most people do to buff up) so find a light weight you can do frequent 20 reps with and do that to tone up

and i will give you a few tips for cutting fat

1. Eat oranges instead of drinking OJ

2. Leave the skin on fruits when possible

3. Eat raw fruits instead of fruit juices to obtain more nutrients

4. Eat more dark, leafy, green, vegetables

5. Avoid cheese because of the high saturated fat content

6. Drink 100+ ounces of water per day

7. Avoid margarine because of its high trans fat content

8. Choose fat free and low fat milk products whenever possible

9. Avoid white bread and refined pasta

10. Eat whole grain bread and pasta

11. Drink 1-2 large glasses of water before a meal

12. Eat sufficient Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) everyday

13. Eat complex carbohydrates such as oats and sweet potatoes

14. Avoid midnight binging and empty calories snacking

15. Get adequate sleep (7-9 hours per night)

16. Take the steps instead of the elevator

17. Take a brisk walk or jog during lunch

18. Walk and bike instead of driving whenever possible

19. Continue to lift weights to maintain muscles and prevent muscle loss

20. Keep sodium intake at or below 2.5 grams per day

21. Take a multivitamin to make up for missing nutrients

22. Perform low-intensity cardio to burn fat

23. Eat a deficit of 500 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week

24. READ labels and COUNT calories

25. Avoid diet soda and other products with aspartame

26. Eat a colorful variety of both fruits and vegetables (green, blue, red, etc..)

27. Use a variety of cardio exercises (swimming, running, and walking fast) and machines (elliptical, stationary bike, stair master) to avoid boredom and add variety

Hope this helps

Source(s): 2+ years using gym and 1yr of exercise :)
  • gober

If you'll atleast cross into your patio then jumproping is a nice solution to drop pounds. I wager a jumprope will also be regarded apparatus :) however they're beautiful low-priced. Another approach might be to simply get a few headphones and dance song and perform a little aerobic across the apartment. And you'll do crunches, sit down ups, push u.s.a.and simply get an total exercise.

• Sean

One of the most healthy foods are fruits and vegetables. There is absolutely no healthy diet without them!