• Health >
  • Diet & Fitness
  • Health >
  • Diet & Fitness

Bodybuilders, gym rats I need your advice?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Im 22 I have been working out since 15. and I workout often 4-5 days a week. all of my body parts are pretty well developed and I have a cut/diezel look. But what I have noticed ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
  • Miles answered 5 years ago
I would never do any lift behind my head (lat pull downs and military press) because it puts too much strain on your shoulders even for someone that stretches. The best way to make them more uniformed is to continue working out the different sides of the shoulders. If you want the size to increase then the workouts need to be focused around the higher weight lower rep routine. As far as reverse flys I would not make the machine as the primary exercise. It does not allow the secondary (stabilizing) muscles to activate and get a workout as well. I would use it as a secondary lift where you isolate that part of the shoulder.

Otherwise it looks good.

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Thanx I'll give it another few months and see if I get the results I want
  • 0
    0
  • Comment
Im 22 I have been working out since 15. and I workout often 4-5 days a week.
all of my body parts are pretty well developed and I have a cut/diezel look.

But what I have noticed is that my front deltoids are much bigger in size than the rest of the delts like side delts and rear delts.
So I started doing more side raises with 15lb-20lb dumbbells for 10-12 reps 3-4 sets..
and I do reverse flys for rear delts.... but my front delts are still bigger even tho the other two are growing... This gives my body a hunch back illusion! that I find unattractive. even tho i walk with straight back and perfect posture.

Should I remove front military press( shoulder press with barbell) from my routine and do a Behind the neck instead??
since the front press is what causes this "overgrowth" will doing behind the back press help even out my shoulder physique??

I heard that behind the neck puts a lot of stress on rotator cuff. but I warm up and stretch pretty well. and always do 1st set with light weights to stretch the muscle and condition it... I did behind the neck presses a few days ago, I went much lighter than I normally do on front raises... Im guessing with a lil time I will pick up more.

Do you think the following routines will give me a proper balanced deltoid look?
Behind the neck press 3-4 sets 10reps each
front raises 25lbs dumbbells 3-4 sets 10-12 reps
lateral(side) raises 15-20lbs dumbells 3-4 sets 10 reps
reverse flys (machine) first set 90lbs 10reps, 2nd set 100lbs 10reps, 3rd set 110 lbs 8 reps.

I can do those weights in proper form and Im 5'11 140lbs very low fat, slim/athletic build
Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock