What is "sales manager trainee"?

I have an interview tomorrow for a position that is listed as "Sales manager trainee" I'm figuring that it's a position that trains to be the sales manager of the store? I was hoping someone could possibly clarify what it means so I can better prepare for the interview tomorrow. The position is at Denver Mattress Company.

I submitted my app there because I had the minimal Requirements, and they called me back, a couple of hours later. I've never worked in a supervisory position before, so I was hoping that I could also get some interview tips for tomorrow as well.

Thanks for your answer step885 it was good to see some of those questions they could ask me tomorrow.

Favorite Answer

It does sound like they want you to sell mattresses.

At our office we call them Business Managers, same difference.

Look online and find out what their values and goals are. Explain how things you have done or do in your life our on track with their core values. Be able to answer questions such as: (see link for answers to questions) This helped me tremendously in past interviews that I have had.

1. Tell me about yourself.

2. What do you know about our organization?

3. Why do you want to work for us?

4. What can you do for us that someone else can't?

5. What do you find most attractive about this position? What seems least attractive about it?

6. Why should we hire you?

7. What do you look for in a job?

8. Please give me your defintion of [the position for which you are being interviewed].

9. How long would it take you to make a meaningful contribution to our firm?

10. How long would you stay with us?

11. Your resume suggests that you may be over-qualified or too experienced for this position. What's Your opinion?

12. What is your management style?

13. Are you a good manager? Can you give me some examples? Do you feel that you have top managerial potential?

14. What do you look for when You hire people?

15. Have you ever had to fire people? What were the reasons, and how did you handle the situation?

16. What do you think is the most difficult thing about being a manager or executive?

17. What important trends do you see in our industry?

18. Why are you leaving (did you leave) your present (last) job?

19. How do you feel about leaving all your benefits to find a new job?

20. In your current (last) position, what features do (did) you like the most? The least?

21. What do you think of your boss?

22. Why aren't you earning more at your age?

23. What do you feel this position should pay?

24. What are your long-range goals?

25. How successful do you you've been so far?

Sales Management Trainee

Sales manager trainee is nothing but the person provide the some training programs to the selected candidates. So that person is called as the sales manager trainee.

sales: income received for goods and services over some given period of time

manager: a person in all business and human activity that that gets people or other employees together to accomplish and or perform goals, tasks, and objectives

trainee: someone who is being trained

these are definitions hope this helps this should have been self explanatory

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awwbr

A simplistic definition: A Channel Sales Manager: - helps his team sell products through-the-channel (distributors and resellers.) -builds relationships with B2B and manufacturers. -identifies customers' needs. -forecasts markets and helps develop sales strategies.