Price of milk in the US?

I was recently in San Diego, California and was shocked at the price of milk. Normal milk, not any fancy stuff, just the store brand was $3.99 for a half gallon. Is this the price of milk all over the US?

I'm just curious what prices are across America. Thanks for your help!

Favorite Answer

As to the other Canadian answer, he we sell it in 1 liter, 2 liter and 4 liter sizes (3 bags), a half gallon in Canada would be our 2 liter size and it goes for $3.79 here in Toronto

• Tara

In some States there is a law that you can't sell milk below a certain price, but I don't think there's a real fixed price on it anywhere. It varies widely even within regions within States! I'm in SoCal, and find an individual gallon of milk selling for anywhere from $3.15 to $3.85 -- even more at some expensive places. I can buy 2 gallons, however, for $3.99 to $4.99. Hmmmmmmm.......

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Price of milk in the US?

Source(s): price milk us: https://shortly.im/yPuKL

Did you say 3.99 for a HALF gallon? Wow,that IS a bit high, unless it was organic. That is normal for organic but here in WV I pay about 3 dollars for a gallon of store brand milk.

• Jim

I live in Portland, Oregon and for a full gallon of milk this weekend for 1% milkfat milk, it was $2.55 a gallon.

For a half gallon, it's between $2.99 and $5.99 across the nation. It depends on what state you're in and California seems to be the highest.

EVERYTHING in san diego is expensive.

the gallon of milk here in west TEXAS is about $2.33

• Mike B

$1.99/Gal consistently for store brand at my Wal-Mart 40 miles west of Chicago.

• jean d

usually around $2.98-$2.89 gal in North Carolina

• rhonda

under three dollars here (west PA)