Price of milk in the US?

I was recently in San Diego, California and was shocked at the price of milk. Normal milk, not any fancy stuff, just the store brand was $3.99 for a half gallon. Is this the price of milk all over the US?

I'm just curious what prices are across America. Thanks for your help!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As to the other Canadian answer, he we sell it in 1 liter, 2 liter and 4 liter sizes (3 bags), a half gallon in Canada would be our 2 liter size and it goes for $3.79 here in Toronto

• Tara
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

In some States there is a law that you can't sell milk below a certain price, but I don't think there's a real fixed price on it anywhere. It varies widely even within regions within States! I'm in SoCal, and find an individual gallon of milk selling for anywhere from $3.15 to $3.85 -- even more at some expensive places. I can buy 2 gallons, however, for $3.99 to $4.99. Hmmmmmmm.......

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Price of milk in the US?

I was recently in San Diego, California and was shocked at the price of milk. Normal milk, not any fancy stuff, just the store brand was $3.99 for a half gallon. Is this the price of milk all over the US?

I'm just curious what prices are across America. Thanks for your help!

Source(s): price milk us: https://shortly.im/yPuKL
  • 1 decade ago

Did you say 3.99 for a HALF gallon? Wow,that IS a bit high, unless it was organic. That is normal for organic but here in WV I pay about 3 dollars for a gallon of store brand milk.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I live in Portland, Oregon and for a full gallon of milk this weekend for 1% milkfat milk, it was $2.55 a gallon.

• 1 decade ago

For a half gallon, it's between $2.99 and $5.99 across the nation. It depends on what state you're in and California seems to be the highest.

• 1 decade ago

EVERYTHING in san diego is expensive.

the gallon of milk here in west TEXAS is about $2.33

• Mike B
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

$1.99/Gal consistently for store brand at my Wal-Mart 40 miles west of Chicago.

• jean d
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

usually around $2.98-$2.89 gal in North Carolina

• rhonda
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

under three dollars here (west PA)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.