Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Which bailouts do you view as necessary to help the country stay afloat and which bailouts do you view as a?

Update:

waste of taxpayers' dollars?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not a single bailout was or shall ever be necessary in my opinion

Source(s): May God Bless you and keep our country safe from the pr0gressive axis of evil;0bama,Pel0si,& Reid
  • free
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

bailouts were a waste.. first the banks haven't changed anything, funny how they expect the citizens to have a good credit score but needed a bailout to survive. Big bonuses given after the bailout proved they are greedy s.o.b. s.

Auto Industry.. the unions screwed themselves, high wages and lavish pensions with free health care. The union was formed for better ( not the elite) wages and safe working conditions.

They lost sight of their purpose many years ago. The big 3 should have shut down, and reopened

as a non union force. Personally I haven't seen many union workers worth their salt in any

occupation. They hide behind the union all the time. They are the cause of cars and trucks costing more than many houses. They should take a pay cut, pay their own health insurance and forget their pensions if they want to exist.Good god chrysler took a bail out, sold to another country and

started building cars in mexico..what a joke! NO MORE BAILOUTS!

Source(s): btw, our deficit is over 12 trillion, thats over 46,000 dollars for every woman, man and child in the united states. That would pay off all my debts. I could pay off my house which would have helped the banks, i would have enough left to buy a new car, that would have helped the auto industry.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

No bailouts. They are all a waste of taxpayer money. In a free market business's that have poor business models or do not meet consumer demand must fail to make way for more efficient models. Propping up a dead company with artificial life benefits nobody.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

It's all a waste of taxpayer money. It wouldn't be called a bailout if someone competent had been running things.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

None of them were necessary and all of them were counterproductive.

The failed banks should have been allowed to go through a controlled failure. AKA move depositers money out of the bank, and then let them go bankrupt. The thing is the only banks having these problems were banks that didn't have very good business models. It's economic evolution, let the failed "species" die out so a new ( hopefully better ) one can take it's place.

The automakers should have been allowed to go bankrupt as well. They NEED to do it so they can have the legal protection to restructure and become viable again.

• Dan
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

The banks that were TOO big to fail should have failed,The better run banks would have picked up the pieces, just like those that the too bigs took over and left to die after stripping out their reserves for bonus money.

• 10 years ago

No more bailouts. They are only making things worse.

• 10 years ago

NOT Necessary but part of the agenda

http://obamacom.blogspot.com/2009/09/obama-to-bail...

• 10 years ago

All bailouts undermine the system.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.