How do you stop erections after being circumcised?

My boyfriend has recently had a circumcision for medical reasons but now he is getting very frequent erections that cause him a great deal of pain (as you can imagine at this point when he is still healing). We've tried pretty much everything we could think of e.g. cold showers, thinking un-sexy thoughts etc... show more My boyfriend has recently had a circumcision for medical reasons but now he is getting very frequent erections that cause him a great deal of pain (as you can imagine at this point when he is still healing). We've tried pretty much everything we could think of e.g. cold showers, thinking un-sexy thoughts etc but they just keep happening and every time it does the bleeding starts again. Can anybody think of something that can help him please?
Update: Ok I should add that the bleeding is coming from the area where the foreskin was cut away, mostly from the stitched area underneath the penis. There has also been some puss we have been to doctor for antibiotics against infection which he is now taking to no apparent effect as of yet. FYI medical circumcisions are... show more Ok I should add that the bleeding is coming from the area where the foreskin was cut away, mostly from the stitched area underneath the penis. There has also been some puss we have been to doctor for antibiotics against infection which he is now taking to no apparent effect as of yet. FYI medical circumcisions are very common; it was not for religious reasons or because of any other reason except that the foreskin was too long and tight making sex and masturbation either impossible or difficult in general. THAT is why it was removed ok, nobody paid to have this done!!