How to Inform my Parents about the marriage?

I got Married 2 years before with out informing my parents, now i dont know how to bring up this and inform this. As my wife is from other country? not sure where it going to go, but i am ready to face things up

Best Answer

Just a thought ...

You may consider writing them a letter, even if you live in the same town. This because it might be easier to put it in writing _this way you can take the time & choose precisely how to word it. Plus you won't have to deal with their reactions, questions & other interruptions, unlike would be should you choose to do this in person, or over the phone.

..

So, to be clear, I am not suggesting that this is the best, least the most appropriate method, be it according to etiquette or anything else.

All I am saying is that this might be an option worth considering, especially should you find it easy to express yourself in print.;)

Now considering this from your parent's perspective ... which is somewhat easy for me to do considering that I am a parent of adult children ...

There ISN"T an easy way to to learn that your child hes kept you out of the loop on some as important as marriage & for so long. So, no matter what they will feel hurt & upset.

However, getting the news via a clear & detailed letter would, at least give them a chance to digest the news a bit before dealing with you.

One advantage they may find in this is that they don't have to hold back, fearing that shock & hurt may lead them to say some to you that they may latter regret.

Well, I bet you could possibly live with such scenario. And if that is the case, go for it.

If not, you can use this same method (=deciding what precisely you want to say, even to the point of writing it down). Then, based on that create an outline of key words, yada yada ... leading to crib notes in the hand a la Sarah Palin if you must. LOL ;=}

But watever you do, be honest & for heck sake resist the temptation to wait 2 more years. <hehehe>

Seriously, I hope this helps.

Good luck!

;o}~

Source(s): I know a thing or two about the dynamics of interpersonal relationships. However here I am just another average Joana tossing in her 2 cents, fair enough? ;+]~

You are going to have to tell them. Just set up a time, and preferably without her there,a t first, so that they are not reacting to not knowing sooner at the same time they meet her. Once the dust has settled, then you can arrange for them to meet. If you and your wife love each other, then your parents should respect that. Be sure that you discuss the reasons that you didn't tell them before.