GUYS OPINION NEEDED (girls' opinions appreciated:)...?

Is this guy interested in me still??? So, I met this guy when I lived in VA 4 yrs ago and we totally were crushing on eachother, but never did anything about it. Word has it he was crushed when I moved away. A few weeks ago, found him on Facebook. He's in the marines and turns out he is now in Afghanistan... show more Is this guy interested in me still???

So, I met this guy when I lived in VA 4 yrs ago and we totally were crushing on eachother, but never did anything about it. Word has it he was crushed when I moved away.
A few weeks ago, found him on Facebook. He's in the marines and turns out he is now in Afghanistan until November. He's contacted me everyday for the last 2+ weeks now (ever since we found eachother) often sending emails and/or just texts saying, "morning cutie" or something like that. We've even made plans to go skydiving in May when he comes for vacation.
Now, do you think he's just keeping close contact because he's being a good friend and he has hardly anything to do everyday out in Afghanistan (he's said they just sit in an office all day on a military base) so he's just contacting me to fill his time and entertain himself? Or... is he maybe still interested???
Anytime I think a guy likes me he doesn't and when I think they're just a friend they end up leaving because they assume I'm not interested. I don't want to screw this one up... Help me out here, please!