Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

GUYS OPINION NEEDED (girls' opinions appreciated:)...?

Is this guy interested in me still???

So, I met this guy when I lived in VA 4 yrs ago and we totally were crushing on eachother, but never did anything about it. Word has it he was crushed when I moved away.

A few weeks ago, found him on Facebook. He's in the marines and turns out he is now in Afghanistan until November. He's contacted me everyday for the last 2+ weeks now (ever since we found eachother) often sending emails and/or just texts saying, "morning cutie" or something like that. We've even made plans to go skydiving in May when he comes for vacation.

Now, do you think he's just keeping close contact because he's being a good friend and he has hardly anything to do everyday out in Afghanistan (he's said they just sit in an office all day on a military base) so he's just contacting me to fill his time and entertain himself? Or... is he maybe still interested???

Anytime I think a guy likes me he doesn't and when I think they're just a friend they end up leaving because they assume I'm not interested. I don't want to screw this one up... Help me out here, please!

Favorite Answer

I know what u mean, u dont want to make conclusions out of nothing bt i guess all u have to do is sit this on out till you finally get a chance to mee him in person and then u will be able to tell if its real or he was just passing time. Bt u know they say the best relationships start like that by a simple gesture of kindness bt u can also tell from what you talk about. Some how clues are left here and there but anway as you said you dont wnat to screw this up so my advise is continue the chatiinga and all. When u go for the sky diving and he doesnt make a move then i guess u will know for certain. GOOD LUCK

• Leanne

Give your man a chance to meet your new friend (if no other way, maybe via webcam?) before you proceed. You don't need his blessing and you're doing nothing wrong, but it sure helps if he understands and accepts it. Also, be a little weary of your new workout buddy - he is still a guy, and may be pretending that he isn't interested because he knows that's the only way to get you to hang out with him. I had a wonderful workout buddy for about 6 months.....until he told me that he loved me - was in love with me - and didn't know what he would do without me. My bf's response: "I told you so. Guys never want to be just friends." I was sad to lose my gym partner and suddenly grossed-out that I had let him "spot" me (hold the rope and look up at my harnessed ***) while I climbed the rock wall.....

It's always nice to keep in contact with friends, it's a bit iffy when it's long distance, especially when there was a slight spark between you two. It's hard to say what it is between you two but for the moment just keep it as friendship, develop it from there. Hang out, chat, enjoy the small things in life. It's been 4 years, right? Whats a few more days and weeks after meeting up again after a long time. Just don't rush it.

Patience is a virtue. But it's got to be between both parties.

This guy knows that women change their minds all the time. That's why he keeps a "pool" of potencially interested women, and he keeps refreshing that pool to replenish the women who fall out of interest.

Don't be too surprised if the May skydiving arrangement falls off suddenly due to something (or someone else) "coming up". He isn't too much into it anyway, since he understands that the chances of you changing your mind in the meantime are pretty high, given the ammount of distractions (other guys) you have. He's throwing the clay into the wall to see which pieces hold on.

So take it lightly and don't see too much into it. He's just being friendly. If it turns into sex, that's great. If it doesn't, that's fine too.

Well, I think you know he's interested in you.

The real question is what he is interested in. Many men enjoy these social networking tools as a way to hook up with chicks. And since he's been away for so long, he is probably VERY interested in making a physical connection with a woman when he returns.

I would say to take things slowly and be careful. Don't send him naked pictures unless you want the whole platoon (and maybe the Internet) seeing you naked.

• G.

Guys are going to come and go, don't freak on it.

As for this guy in Afghanistan, stop freaking on that one too.

Things will go as they go. If you've made plans for May, then look forward to that, do NOT try to imagine or speculate passed the moment.

Trying to for tell the future only gives you hives and zits. So relax.

Look, if you screw it up, you screw it up, its really no big deal. Enjoy the moment.

He likes you. I can definately understand how you'd want someone's opinion on this though. I can relate to myself 100% in the last paragraph. But yeah, he's interested for sure. I mean, he wants to basically risk his life with you lol (skydiving thing) & plus he's taking time out of his vacation to be with you. He could choose anybody, but he's picking you! so that's awesome.

:)

good luck & sorry for such a long story :)

Seems to be he is still interested, see where it goes there's no harm in it so why not? Keep flirting, and having fun don't try to over think this guy (:

• Adam

Calling you cutie? This dude totally likes you.

He wants you!

I answered first , Give me the points. Thank me later!