Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Black Light tattoo cost?

I am planning on getting a diamond tattoo in black light ink on the inside of my left wrist in memory of my friend Lucy that passes away a few months ago, her favorite song was Lucy in the sky with diamonds, that's why i'm getting the diamond tattoo, i want it no bigger than 2in.x.2in do you have any estimate on how much this would cost?

Thank you so much.

• carrie
    Favorite Answer

Contrary to what the previous poster has said, blacklight ink is no more dangerous than any other tattoo ink. EVERY tattoo ink has the potential to cause cancer and other anomalies in the body. After all, some colors contain metals known to be carcinogenic. California law now requires all tattoo ink to be sold with a warning label stating that some colors may contain these metals. That being said, many people have used blacklight ink for years with no ill effects. It is not a new concept. It may be more popular, and may even be more safe than it was 10 years ago, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist before. Blacklight reactive ink and glow-in-the-dark ink are two distinctively different things. You can't use the term interchangeably. It may be a little known fact, but the same ink that is used in one brand of UV tattoo ink is the exact same formula that is FDA approved for use in tracking fish and wildlife. The same fish we eat. There goes the theory of deadly ink.

Now on to your question. I would guess that a tattoo that size would cost about $150. Just a head's up, the white UV ink is the only one that will not show in regular light. Colored UV ink will not be nearly as bright as regular ink, but it will show up in normal light.

Source(s): professional piercer, tattoo studio owner, we use UV ink at our shop and have for over 2 years with no negative reactions at all
  • latz

Black Light Tattoos Price

i have to agree with the poster above, i know people with UV tatts and they have had no bad effects!! i know very reputable tattoo artists with over 30 yrs experiance who use it and have never had a problem!! it will prob cost easily double what it would in normal ink because the UV ink is more expensive!! if your unsure about safety despite all thats been said, you could go for white ink tattoo instead!! and all the people who say...no no they turn yellow and fade...its total crap, if a good quality ink is used it should be adsolutly fine!! its not such a new sensationas people think white ink tatts have been around a LONG time...its just they are only becoming popular now...i know a tattooist who has one which is like 15 years old or something and it has neither faded or turned yellow!! but there is a good chance it would need a touch up once healed, its just often the way with them, but should only be necessary once if even that!!

as for quotes...it depends what part of the world/coutry you are in and im not in america and from the above answers i assume you are so unfortunately i cant help!!!

Source(s): tattooed, including a white ink tatt!!

i'm unsure of costs, but just thought i'd give advice. my boyfriend is a tattoo artist and will not mess with blacklight ink. he has said (and in my opinion i agree) that it still may be unsafe and somewhat toxic. it has not been around long and still may have some tweaks that need to be worked out like anything else new.

A little off topic, but while my friend was getting tattooed by my boyfriend we all started talking about blacklight ink. at some point in history women used to put glow in the dark/black light responsive paint/ink on themselves. yes, this has some erotic background. apparently these women, from putting it on themselves all the time and accidentally ingesting it became sick and some died from the chemicals that are in glow in the dark/blacklight paints.

anyone that asks me about blacklight tattoos, i always recommend against it. the tattoo is a good idea, but stick with regular ink, possibly somewhere you can hide easily if that is what you're worried about. the size you want it with regular ink would probably be $75 or so. depending on shop of course. I have a diamond on my arm in color about 3 by 3 inches and it was $75, after tip, $90.

Source(s): tattoo enthusiast

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Black Light tattoo cost?

I am planning on getting a diamond tattoo in black light ink on the inside of my left wrist in memory of my friend Lucy that passes away a few months ago, her favorite song was Lucy in the sky with diamonds, that's why i'm getting the diamond tattoo, i want it no bigger than 2in.x.2in do...

Source(s): black light tattoo cost: https://biturl.im/pgA0Q
  • kara

1000's of Tattoo Designs & Ideas

• Jennie

I am not sure how much they would charge, but the ink is much more expensive for the artist to purchase, so most likely they pass that cost on to you. it's about 4x more expensive than regular ink.