Will smoking marijuana once affect me or my health?

Just once.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

Nope, because there are no health risks with it. Most of them are myths. Just look up ‘Marijuana Myths’ you will learn a lot.. besides, its not addicting. There are short term effects like only when you are actually high but other than that its perfectly safe. You will probably just laugh a lot and feel really chillin and everything will be funny but you wont really know why. That’s how it was for me at first. =]

• 4 years ago

Over time: Lungs are harmed (although not as much as with cigarette smoke), brain cells die (much more than cigarette smoke), brain chemicals (especially those regulating mood) go haywire. For more info, check the link I put as a source. Also, realize that even the temporary effects can be deadly if the wrong situation is going on during them (i.e. high while driving, high while on a tall building, high while...anywhere public). I hope you don't smoke, and if you already do, I hope you can quit soon before it really takes its toll. My friend used to smoke marijuana, and I saw what she was like. Thankfully, she's been clean a couple of years now, but she's a testament to what that stuff does to you. -IMP ;) :)

• 10 years ago

It can cause social changes, like you may feel paranoid while you're high, start worrying it was laced and have an anxiety attack like so many dumb teens do. It's pretty much harmless though. People with HIV and Cancer need to stay healthy because they are sick, and their immune systems are very important. They prescribe marijuana to those people for simple things like nausea. If it was so bad, why would they take the risk just to help people relieve something as minor as nausea? If it was bad for people, I would think that they wouldn't risk it and would tell the people to live with their nausea or prescribe other medications. Marijuana is the safe alternative to prescription medicine. But just like people get carried away with junk food and gain too much weight, or just like people sit around all day and play video games too much instead of doing productive things, marijuana can have that effect on people. You try it once, and enjoy it so much, you want to do it again and gain. It is enjoyable for most people, though others freak out and get paranoid.

• 10 years ago

The Beatles Fan, that's lies. In order to die from acid, a person would have to take 38,500 doses of it, which would cost a person $192,500. While it's true you can die from lsd (In an extremely high dose like that), your statement is an exaggeration because nobody has ever died from it since nobody has ever taken that much. The only people who die as a result of lsd are people that take it and then jump out of windows thinking they can fly.

As far as marijuana's effects on the brain, look at "Man's" link, that guy's answer in the link pretty much addresses that nonsense.

Source(s): Too much propaganda, misinformation, and lies in the world when it comes to illegal substances. The public has been lied to and the public continues to repeat those lies and spread them around.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Sir Richard Branson is a billionaire. Ever heard of Virgin Records? Virgin Mobile? Yeah, well he owns them.

He's also a well known pot smoker. Just google "Richard Branson marijuana"

END OF DISCUSSION!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No, but it depends on what you mean by "affect". Obviously it will affect you because you will get high.

see the best answer on this question for more info, I don't feel like copying and pasting someone elses answer

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=At2mP...

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

it can affect you

but I don't think that it is long term

• 10 years ago

it can't kill you like acid can, but it will f*ck up your brain

Source(s): ♪♥The Beatles♥♫ spirit will never die. RIP John Lennon — Oct. 9, 1940-Dec. 8, 1980 RIP George Harrison — Feb. 25, 1943-Nov. 29, 2001 Keep on rockin' Paul and Ringo! ♪♫
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.