Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Should I inform his girlfriend that he cheated on her? Or is it not my place?

I met a really great guy over the summer, we never went in a relationship together, but we started hooking up and having a fling that never really ended. Even though we were never officially together we were both not seeing other people and agreed to tell each other if we started dating someone. Two months ago I discovered he had a girlfriend whom he purposely never told me about. I know things should have ended there, but I still really liked him and hooked up with him once more. This person and I are no longer talking, but I feel bad about what happened and feel that I should inform his girlfriend of what happened. Is it the right thing for me to tell her so she can know that her boyfriend has cheated on her? Or is it not my place and wrong for me to involve myself?

Favorite Answer

Contact him, tell him to tell her himself. Inform him that if he doesn't, you will. She needs to know that her boyfriend is a lying cheat.

no let it ago. what ever that is in the darkness will come to the light sooner or later he will get caught up. if she dont ask you you dont say anything what u thinks is gonna happen if you and him really got in a relationship. think about it some other girl is going to be wondering if she should tell you of his wrong doing. But if you fill that u can get him to commit to you then do what u have to. cause u gonna do what u wanna do anyway remember truth always reveal itself sooner or later. Good luck with your choice

it depends, right now it sounds like because he no longer hooks up with you for whatever reason you want to take revenge and hurt him, or your jealous he has a girlfriend and so you want to hurt her either way that is the wrong motive, if you do not have any of the above motives well, ask yourself what will happen if i tell her will it change him , will she care what positive out come will this achieve.

I don't know i was in the same situation and i never said a word. Out of respect for her i guess. But in reality if it we're my girlfriend running around on me i would want someone to man up and tell me.

I do think she should know. I was in this position once too and I told, it resulted in the girl having a nervous break down which I do feel badly about.

If you wish to be Vindictive and Petty, then by all means tell her. If you are grown up enough to move on with your life, and have enough sense not to date him again as you know what type of person he is then fine. Move On. His current girlfriend if she is not blinded by his looks, or his line will know soon enough. It is not your place.

I was in that situation years ago and wish someone had told me, so tell her

just move on. he is out of the picture now, so just let things happen itself.. you dont have evidence anyways, and his girlfriend is pretty much a stranger to you. i'd just let it go and move on

i say you do tell her, she deserves to know. i would like someone to tell me, but i much prefer him to tell me. so i agree with the person who said "tell him to tell her if not then you will". <--good answer.

stand up and tell her dont let this dirt bag get away with this. you will feel good about this