Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

allergy to perfumes, fragrances and latex, what hairspray can i use?

my new boyfriend's mother is allergic to any perfumes, fragrances and latex so everything in the house is unscented and fragrance free. they have organic shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorants etc which they provide for me to use before i visit their home. i was wondering which hairsprays are suitable to use to wear in my hair when i visit?

Favorite Answer

There are no hairsprays that do not have some type of fragrance. Honey, if you want to stay on the good side of mama, don't be concerned with how your hair looks. As long as it is clean, that's the main stay. Wear it in a pony tale or even braids or pigtails. Had severe allergies to smells and we even made our boys tell their friends the same thing that your boyfriends mother has told him. If the boys wanted to wear cologne it had to be expensive and they could only put it on outside before they left the house. I would get physically sick and have excruciating headaches from different smells. Its a horrible thing to have. So, with that said be kind and be courteous.

There really isn't one, hairspray in itself is an irritant, every time you move your hair your going to be putting it into the air there's a lot of chemicals in any hairspray no matter what the brand all that would probably irritate the respiratory system of a judgmental new potential mother in law :)